Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seat the magazine all the way up

Janskis

My first L2 match (second match ever) and, well, let the video do the talking :)

9jx1NTH.gif

I actually had this happen in the training session like 2 days before the actual match, nothing learned there.

I scored 56/60 so without that screw-up I could have been quite high on scoreboard

Edited by Janskis

Try to grab the magazine so that your finger runs up the front strap of the magazine. That way you have much more control of the end of the magazine, and you are seating the magazine with your palm instead of your fingers.

I agree with above also...Just a suggestion, watch other shooters reloading. Your gun is staying vetical during the reload and it's harder to insert the mag with controlled force ot a vertical gun, plus you can't watch the mag start it's insert to the gun. Good luck...

Edited by a matt

I manage to ride my index finger on the mag strap on the second reload a lot better. I am really bad at bringing the gun up, yes. I also have been practicing that with my airsoft during off-season.

The mag was like -5 on that stage :P

Edited by Janskis

yeah def download the reload mags by 1. i generally don't count but fill them to the brim and then just pop one out.

funny though, definitely akin to the walk of shame.

my BIL at his first larger match popped in the mag at make ready. RO said it looked like it wasn't seated. BIL says no it's an extended basepad. well it extended all the way to the dirt, pretty funny though he didn't think so at the time.

Sounds like you are on the right track to getting things figured outs. Remember reloads are usually easier the closer to the body the gun is when you insert the mag. Good Luck.

good tip to remember, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Janskis: Seeing all those rounds dump out the bottom just kills me!

My first 1.5 years of USPSA I had the mags in my pouches with the bullets facing the wrong way (towards my back) and I would index with my thumb going up along the back of the mag. It's something I figured out all wrong on my own. I can't tell you how many mags I dropped from not seating them all the way because my palm wasn't under the mag for the final push. I changed to normal way after someone pointed out to me what I was doing and seating mags has stopped being an issue.