Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.115 vs .125 front sight?

Mike9250

I currently have Warren Sevigny sights on my G34 with the .115 width FO front sight. I was thinking about switching to a plain black front, but I'm not sure if I should stick with the .115 or maybe try the .125? Has anyone used both, and if so which do you prefer?

Thanks. I'll probably stick with the .115 then. i was thinking with the .150 rear notch and the long sight radius of the 34 that maybe the .115 was a little too narrow. I like the having some light on either side, but I was also thinking the .125 might tighten things up and improve my accuracy. I probably just need more practice.

Thanks. I'll probably stick with the .115 then. i was thinking with the .150 rear notch and the long sight radius of the 34 that maybe the .115 was a little too narrow. I like the having some light on either side, but I was also thinking the .125 might tighten things up and improve my accuracy. I probably just need more practice.

If you want to tighten things up, i would go with slightly narrower rear over wider front. Again, it's all preference. Eyesight, arm length, slide length, etc all play a factor.

Sevigny makes a 0.130 wide rear notch which will tighten things up nicely. I run that with a Dawson 0.125" front fiber optic sight. I really like that combo on my Glock 34.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cuz

I'm shooting mostly 3 Gun. I like the FO, but I think at speed I have a tendency to aim with the FO instead of using the top of the front sight.

I changed from the FO front to the plain black front, Warren competition, Glock 34 - pretty sure it is the 0.115 front and my scores have improved a lot since, but depends on the games you play?

it's all personal preference.. The best in the world use Red Fiber Optic and also some black on black.. Sevigny uses all black, leatham, vogel & Nils use red fiber optic.. There is no right or wrong it's just whatever works for you.. I use Green F/O. I tried all black and i was all over the place, didn't work for me.

• 2 months later...

I've got the Dawson adjustable rear and fiber front on my 34. Rear has a .125 notch and front is a .100. The thin front sight makes longer shots easier as it leaves more of the target uncovered. And paired with the narrower rear notch accuracy is great. There is quite a bit of daylight between the front and rear sights so they're easy to acquire quickly. Best sights I've used and I've tried just about all of them...

I run a .115 rear with a .105 front from Dawson. I can hand this setup to anyone and they can place solid hit on targets out to 25. Larger sight widths may give the appearance of a faster transition, but also allow for a greater margin of error when you fire the shot.

I'm the odd one out. I like a sliver of light on both sides of the front sight. Otherwise the front sight wanders in the rear notch. At speed, what looks centered, isn't. I spend too much time figuring out if it's centered or not. I tried narrow front, saw an immediate drop in points. Many more charlies.

I switched to black front last year. Still testing. For widths, with a .115 bomar I'll run a .110 front. For .125 rear notch I'll use a .115 or .120 depending on sight radius. If I can see the front sight through the rear notch, I know it's centered.