Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone polish their stainless revo?

AzShooter

I've never put a high polish on on of my guns before but I'm thinking of polishing my 929.

Has anyone tried to get a good polish job on their stainless guns?

It's something everyone should do once. It teaches you just how much work it is and why the matte finish is so much more practical... doesn't show fingerprints.

That said, my defense gun 686 is mirror finished. I want to both intimidate and impress intruders.....

My brother had cars that didn't run so well, but damn they looked nice.

That same brother would "borrow" my cars because they....ran all the time.

He washed and waxed his.

I kept mine in good tune and drove them.

That said. Polishing is a LOT of work...I worked as a gunk brush in a Harley shop as a kid and spent too much time

buffing side covers!

A nice AC grit glass bead blast gives a pleasant sheen.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Polishing some parts or areas can look cool - but even then, fingerprints and scratches will be way more obvious in those areas. Cylinder flutes, flat areas of a hammer?

After badgering me to upgrade the kitchen to SS, I'm waiting for SWMBO to get tired of cleaning fingerprints and demand we switch again.

Do other households wear linen gloves all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I'm known for taunting bears and feeding sicknesses.

It's hard to tell that I carried this gun daily both on and off duty for around 12 years in the 80's and 90's before I succumbed to a Semi Auto. This one started out as the standard brush stainless finish. I even shot a bit of Practical with it before IPSC and USPSA were dreamed up. It's made one trip back to Smith for repairs and certain "friends" made sure the performance shop knew it was there. They brought it over for a spa day in their shop. This trigger is the nicest I have ever seen on a S&W revolver. Gnat's don't stand a chance when I have this gun out for a stroll. Other than that this is what Flitz will do for that revo. One with and without flash cause they look a bit different.

post-59825-0-45791800-1455757875_thumb.j

post-59825-0-46102800-1455757923_thumb.j

Edited by Glockinator

If cleaning a stainless 627 can be counted as polishing, then nope I don't do that!! :)

If you start cleaning or polishing the gun eventually it will want a new holster, better ammunition, and, ultimately someone who can actually shoot to operate it.

i have a 6" 686 no dash carried it for years and have shot IPSC, USPSA, ICORE handgun silhouette with it. Yeah i have shot it A LOT. With holster ware i did polish it with white rouge and a felt wheel. looks great!! if that is what you want GO For it. I will add pics when i can.