Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changes needed to accommodate PCC in USPSA matches

MilkMyDuds

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a single stack (or production) shooter loads from his front pocket he gets sent to open. Too many rounds in the mag - sent to open, etc...

Where does the PCC shooter get sent to? Do they get sent to open as well?

No, they get sent to new jersey.

My time on SWAT caused me to fall in love with PCC. It made shooting our normal pistol distances just "too easy". It would be a great addition to the sport but it should be its own match for USPSA. It could fit into Steel Challenge easily.

If I understand this right, a large percentage (70% or more) of stages will have different start positions for PCC? Why is PCC so unique to justify this extra overhead? To me it seems logical to have its own stages or even matches.

What about avg target distance? No one has said anything about this, probably because no one has shot PCC seriously on a typical USPSA stage. It's not unlikely people will start complaining about the targets being too close for rifles once the first wave of PCC gamers find themselves beaten by open or carry optic guys.

How about one start position for PCC (same as rimfire rifle steel challenge low ready (SPRAY ORANGE DOT ON GROUND WOW!) that's complicated, target distance really we've been shooting same distance for a year or two never complain about having, and PCC would be competing against other PCC so really don't care if someone in open or carry optic beats me REALLY!

If adding PCC increased target distances I am okay with that as a Production shooter. If you suck at long distance shots at speed, then practice more. I have no sympathy for people complaining about the number of hard shots at a match.

Good MD's will create challenging and fun stages regardless of PCC.

Edited by brisix

Last CMP USPSA match had 35 yard mini-poppers and other challenges - shot while leaning around both sides of a Bianchi barricade.

Whatever. I shot it and so did 70+ other competitors.

Not a PCC in sight.

For all those terrified of longer shots (and the idea that PCC will drive longer shots is pure speclation): Learn to shoot more gooder or beg your local MD for 'easier' stages. A lot of bays I shoot are too shallow to even allow such shots.

Last CMP USPSA match had 35 yard mini-poppers and other challenges - shot while leaning around both sides of a Bianchi barricade.

Whatever. I shot it and so did 70+ other competitors.

Not a PCC in sight.

For all those terrified of longer shots (and the idea that PCC will drive longer shots is pure speclation): Learn to shoot more gooder or beg your local MD for 'easier' stages. A lot of bays I shoot are too shallow to even allow such shots.

We just had a major match with quite a few long targets, included one stage were all the targets were at least 25 yards away.

This stage I watched nearly my entire squad dump magazines on these 30-40 yard mini-poppers.

And this was before PCC for USPSA was even brought up.

Edited by PPGMD

From uspsa.org;

"Handling requirements—un-cased/unbagged, slung, or hand
carried firearms. If un-bagged, must be carried with the muzzle
vertical, chamber flag installed.
May not move from the vertical position until the Make Ready
command is given, violations will be subject to Unsafe Gun
Handling disqualification.

Handling requirements—cased/bagged firearms (note that
carbine must be chamber flagged in all instances)
If cased/bagged, may be carried in any orientation,
may not be un-bagged until the Make Ready command is
given; muzzle must be pointed downrange at Make Ready."

On a few occasions we have re-shot pistol COF's (no steel targets) with our AR (223/556) as a side match and it was FUN!