Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics comparisons for CO pistols

Nimitz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leupold DeltaPoint Pro

Battery can be replaced without removing the sight.

8 brightness settings

Power Saving Mode - If no movement in 5 minutes, it shuts off the dot. Immediate activation when moved.

40 MOA click windage and elevation adjustments.

Sight protected by metal frame around lens.

Optional rear iron sights available which are also adjustable.

Two different "dots" - 2.5 MOA dot and 7.5 MOA Delta triangle

BC

Too BIG, almost double in every way from the original DP, others are much smaller. DP USED to be our recommendation for slide ride. Not any more

I don't like the new DP either, it appears to me that it has been developed for use on a rifle rather than a handgun. My eyes on the new Sig Romeo-1, it looks to have a very similar profile to the original DeltaPoint and the price sounds more reasonable too.

I am interested in getting started on a gun for CO. Is there a reason that no one mentions the Trijicon RM sights ? Is there a problem with them?

Not trolling...real question because that is the direction I was looking.

I assume it's because of cost... They're a higher end brand.

And there are sights that offer supposedly larger viewing windows for less cost...

I'm still new to optics, so I couldn't name them for you.

Other than the local c-mores I've seen on open guns.

Me personally, just bought a rm07, just awaiting my Suarez slide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am interested in getting started on a gun for CO. Is there a reason that no one mentions the Trijicon RM sights ? Is there a problem with them?

Cost perhaps? I ran one with an M&P C.O.R.E. for a while and it's a great sight. If I hadn't sold it already I'd run it in CO instead of the Burris FF3 I'll be using.

I shot one of these recently, on a another fellow's Glock 34 (I used to shoot these in Production). Nice looking, and the dot was clear and the right size. However, I found it somewhat difficult to shoot because the window seems to be slightly magnified, which distorts the targets and makes transitions slower (where's the target again?). It's similar to shooting AR in multi-gun at close range; you really need 1x. Also the glass wasn't particularly clear, but it could have been dirty.

Am I describing the Trijicon accurately?

Edited by teros135

Not sure about in the field testing Tero...

I just got mine, awaiting pre-milled slide to arrive...

So I haven't shot it yet.

But looking through it around the house and outside, the rmr looks pretty clear and un-distorted... But the optical window isn't very big, so I'm sure that's part of why some people don't like trijicon's optic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bigbob21

I shot one of these recently, on a another fellow's Glock 34 (I used to shoot these in Production). Nice looking, and the dot was clear and the right size. However, I found it somewhat difficult to shoot because the window seems to be slightly magnified, which distorts the targets and makes transitions slower (where's the target again?). It's similar to shooting AR in multi-gun at close range; you really need 1x. Also the glass wasn't particularly clear, but it could have been dirty.

In my opinion, no you are not :P. I'm using an RMR on my CO gun and to me it appears to be a true 1x. The glass has a blueish tint, maybe that's what threw you off?

There's nothing wrong with the RMR. It has a smaller window than some others, but also rides lower than some which I like. And yeah they're not cheap...

More on the SIG SAUER Romeo 3.

It actually looks like it might be an updated RTS2. It would be very interesting to do some more detailed examination to see exactly what had been changed aside from the basic shape and a slightly better price.

Uwi1B60l.jpg

Edited by alma

Here is a helpful window comparison between a DeltaPoint and an RMR

rds-2.jpg

Great pic. My input was going to be that the RMR glass is not large. I have not owned a DP but I did have a green 9moa dot dual illuminated RMR and while I was totally confident I could throw it down a flight of stairs I was not impressed with the visibly through the glass or the overall size of the glass.

This side x side makes me want to give a dot another try and go with DP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shooterDrew

I have Trijicon RMR sights on my G19 (Steel), and G21 (Carry Optics). A little pricey, but if the military trust them, that's good enough for me.

do we know any of the mounting dimensions of the Romeo yet?

Scott Springer at Springer Precision has access to a Romeo1 now so that he can start to develop mounts. You might hit him up with that question.

Edited by alma

SIG Romeo3 vs. Leopold DeltaPoint

Thanks for the pics, I guess mini/micro red dot definition, is following the avg weight of Americans.

Glad I went with a JPoint over them.

You might be confused. The Romeo3 (pictured here) is the larger of the SIG reflex sights, similar to a C-More RTS2. The Romeo1 is the one designed for pistol mounting smaller (see post above comparing three) and is somewhere around the size of a DeltaPoint-Pro

Edited by alma

SIG Romeo3 vs. Leopold DeltaPoint

Thanks for the pics, I guess mini/micro red dot definition, is following the avg weight of Americans.

Glad I went with a JPoint over them.

You might be confused. The Romeo3 (pictured here) is the larger of the SIG reflex sights, similar to a C-More RTS2. The Romeo1 is the one designed for pistol mounting smaller (see post above comparing three) and is somewhere around the size of a DeltaPoint-Pro

The DP Pro is about double the size of the original DP, the JPoint has a slightly smaller glass size than the DP but is lower overall height, and thinner base, gets the dot, circle dot almost as low as irons.

Seems to me all these new sights the base gets thicker and thicker.

exactly my experience as well. and i think the dot is too small. mine was in a dovetail mount and i don't think any amount of loctite and set screws would keep it from wandering.

Looks like Romeo3 is similar to RTS2 and Romeo1 is similar to Delta Point.

I personally like the RTS2 better than the DP because I like the taller glass. Its seems to me tall glass is a little more important than wider glass. So for the sig optics I am more interested in the Romeo3.