Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide milling

Nimitz

Tool & Nail Armory

21923693626_bec576e459_o.jpg

There is a super long thread on calguns about T&N milling a guys slide too much, and not rectifying it. Cost the guy $500 and a new slide from glock. I wouldn't use them.

Springer Precision (SP01 Shadow, Accu-Shadow for delta point)

CZ Custom (Multioptic cut for P09, but they also do Shadow)

post-48463-0-60014700-1454221439_thumb.j

I imagine both of them just had huge jumps in backlog/wait :-)

Edited by trgt

CZ Customs, If you are milling the slide on a CZ with out a firing pin block you can have the slide milled 0.250" + deep so you can mount the sight lower to the bore.

Healey_0233_zpsa94d1143.jpg

Wow. That's a great looking set up.... I would like to take this on a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a CZ 75 B SA upper and the FPB has been removed. The original rear sight mount was modified to a Shadow configuration. Does anyone know if I can have this milled to .250" deep without causing problems? I don't care if the hole where the FPB used to be is exposed, as long as it causes no problems.

How about a Tactical Sport slide? Any issues?

Edited by zzt

I have a CZ 75 B SA upper and the FPB has been removed. The original rear sight mount was modified to a Shadow configuration. Does anyone know if I can have this milled to .250" deep without causing problems? I don't care if the hole where the FPB used to be is exposed, as long as it causes no problems.

You probably know this but the CZ you describe would not be legal for CO...

There is a super long thread on calguns about T&N milling a guys slide too much, and not rectifying it. Cost the guy $500 and a new slide from glock. I wouldn't use them.

Probably a cross-post of a thread I read on another forum. If it is the same case, the guy didn't give them a chance to respond and make it right before blowing up at them on the internet. Then as I recall, he also refused to send it back to get things set right unless they prepaid overnight priority or somesuch specific delivery method. (I believe they stated that they wanted it in hand to verify the claim, after which they would get him a new slide.) So while the work getting screwed up was definitely a bad thing, the customer didn't really handle the situation well either.

My experience with them was good, and I got a nice package deal with the Deltapoint. Zero complaints here. And they've been around these parts for a while, too.

I know that Chuck. The 75B upper turns my TS into an Open gun. The TS is because I'm tired of waiting for someone to make a FF3 mount for it.

Does the TS have an LPA sight cut?

Doctor makes an LPA mount for their sight and I think the mounting pattern is the same between the Docter and the Burris.

Thanks for the tip robb, I'll look it up. The Burris and the Docter will fit and fasten to the same mount, even though they are different overall shapes. The TS does have an LPA rear sight cut.

Thanks for the tip robb, I'll look it up. The Burris and the Docter will fit and fasten to the same mount, even though they are different overall shapes. The TS does have an LPA rear sight cut.

Came across it researching for dot mounts. Don't want to mill my slide just yet and I have a shadow target with the LPA sight.

Here's the link.

http://docterusa.com/docter-red-dot-sight-mounts/

You will not be able to mill the slide of a 75 B 0.250, You would mill out the firing pin roll pin. Tactical Sport slide can be milled just like my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, I have a Tactical Sport with a Delta Point on it.

You will not be able to mill the slide of a 75 B 0.250, You would mill out the firing pin roll pin. Tactical Sport slide can be milled just like my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, I have a Tactical Sport with a Delta Point on it.

I just measured my SP-01 Tactical, You could mill it to around .215 and clear the firing pin roll pin.