zen_grasshopper

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Magsz said:

I think you underestimate the interest that people have in regular "duty" guns.  The average consumer doesnt gravitate towards expensive, niche guns.

Plus, the average consumer is never going to buy a plastic pistol at a grand when they can get the "duty" version for sub 500 dollars.

I think you underestimate the new breed of carriers who think they need a GLOCK 19 with RMR, suppressor sights, magwell, threaded barrel, ZEV trigger, 21 round mags, and cerakote job for EDC. Some of the guns I've seen people carry boggles my mind.  The 320 FS is a niche gun in itself in my eyes. The compact would be more of a duty gun from what I've seen. Selling a handful of FS and a ton more of the compacts to LEO and civilians. The X5 is meant to be for competitors and those who want an already upgraded version. It's not gonna be $1000. It'll be $875-900 on the .com's and for what you get it's not a bad price. 

If you built a FS for competition you're looking at $1200 anyways. 

p320fs-$525

4 mags-$160

new sights-$95+install

extended mag release-$40

grip job-$100

1911 guide rod/springs-$45

not including the flat trigger, or bull barrel. 

The people who want "duty" guns will always be there and they most likely won't even look twice at something like the X5 or VP9 Tactical  

The price point isn't excessive. 

12 hours ago, Nick179 said:

I think you underestimate the new breed of carriers who think they need a GLOCK 19 with RMR, suppressor sights, magwell, threaded barrel, ZEV trigger, 21 round mags, and cerakote job for EDC. Some of the guns I've seen people carry boggles my mind.  The 320 FS is a niche gun in itself in my eyes. The compact would be more of a duty gun from what I've seen. Selling a handful of FS and a ton more of the compacts to LEO and civilians. The X5 is meant to be for competitors and those who want an already upgraded version. It's not gonna be $1000. It'll be $875-900 on the .com's and for what you get it's not a bad price. 

p320fs-$525

4 mags-$160

new sights-$95+install

extended mag release-$40

grip job-$100

The people who want "duty" guns will always be there and they most likely won't even look twice at something like the X5 or VP9 Tactical  

You forgot the saweet techwear shirt with logos all over it and those bawler Salomons dawg! You gotta be as fly as your gun bro.

On December 23, 2016 at 9:02 AM, waktasz said:

Shoot 40 minor and you can do it all with one gun

I'm curious, since I've never shot 40 minor, how does a 180 gr minor load feel in comparison to 9 minor? Is it like 147s or something different altogether?

On 12/30/2016 at 9:19 AM, Nick179 said:

p320fs-$525

4 mags-$160

new sights-$95+install

extended mag release-$40

grip job-$100

No one ever said the price point was excessive.

Im not sure what your point is with that post.  I still strongly disagree that the release of the target at an earlier date would have killed sales of the FS 320.  Yes, people love expensive, stupid guns ala Salient Tactical.

However, these guns arent sold in the same volume that a regular Glock or duty pistol is.

I think the price point for the 320 Target is fair however, I still think its sales numbers will pale in comparison to a standard 550 dollar duty pistol.  I picked my 320 up for 479.00 plus tax.  A Target would cost me literally double that.  The average consumer is going to choose the standard 320.

90% of the consumer market buys guns in the 300-600 dollar range.  The other 5% buy's expensive tactical toys.  The other 4% buy's competition pistols.  The other 1% buy's anything that they deem desirable, rare and expensive, ie collectors with deep wallets.

1 hour ago, Magsz said:

No one ever said the price point was excessive.

Im not sure what your point is with that post.  I still strongly disagree that the release of the target at an earlier date would have killed sales of the FS 320.  Yes, people love expensive, stupid guns ala Salient Tactical.

However, these guns arent sold in the same volume that a regular Glock or duty pistol is.

I think the price point for the 320 Target is fair however, I still think its sales numbers will pale in comparison to a standard 550 dollar duty pistol.  I picked my 320 up for 479.00 plus tax.  A Target would cost me literally double that.  The average consumer is going to choose the standard 320.

90% of the consumer market buys guns in the 300-600 dollar range.  The other 5% buy's expensive tactical toys.  The other 4% buy's competition pistols.  The other 1% buy's anything that they deem desirable, rare and expensive, ie collectors with deep wallets.

I used your quote for some points but the rest was for other posts. Should've separated them. 

I think it's a good thing that they didn't release the Target last year. It wasn't enough of an upgrade from the full size and the X5 would have been following shortly after. That would have upset everyone but the IDPA crowd who just bought a gun that becomes outdated as soon as the bull barreled X5 dropped. I was honestly concerned that would happen and I am glad to see they held off long enough to get our entire wish list included. 

1 minute ago, NicoR said:

DA/SA gun? That may be the first IPSC Production legal gun with a ligthened slide, right? If it is approved, of course...

It's striker fired. Might be the first Production legal flat trigger. 

It's striker fired. Might be the first Production legal flat trigger. 

Dumb me... I thought that it had a very small light hammer, I got confused by that small black thing protruding off the back of the gun in the top-right picture.

2 hours ago, NicoR said:

DA/SA gun? That may be the first IPSC Production legal gun with a ligthened slide, right? If it is approved, of course...

There are a few iPsc production approved guns with holes in the slide.

11 hours ago, R34PER said:
That's cute. They cut holes in it and carved x-five into the side. Can't wait to see the arts and crafts project for next year...

Haha someone's a bit salty! Looks like the frame should have a intergrated, flared magwell for production and the slide has a removable plate for Optics. If the price is decent, it'll be a popular model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SCTaylor
spelling

2 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

Haha someone's a bit salty! Looks like the frame should have a intergrated, flared magwell for production and the slide has a removable plate for Optics. If the price is decent, it'll be a popular mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes for both. The big change from last year's model that never came out is the bull barrel and the adapter plate for the Romeo1. 

1 hour ago, alma said:

Yes for both. The big change from last year's model that never came out is the bull barrel and the adapter plate for the Romeo1. 

And compatibility with current FCUs too?  I know there was some drama re this point and it was reportedly one of the elements that delayed things this far.  

I don't know. By NRA last year they said that was resolved and it would be compatible. I think SIG and Grayguns were using alternative methods to approach providing a match trigger. I haven't been in on the loop to hear how SIG resolved it and what the trigger on this gun will feel like. I am not going to Shot Show this year so I will be looking for reports from those who are there to hear about compatibility, trigger pull weight, tentative shipping dates, and etc. 

My dealer just posted the pics , has them on order and I am waiting for the price from him.  I also asked about the 21 round mags.  The gun he has a pic of has the extended mag in it.  Hopefully they will ship with the 21 rnd'er.

2 hours ago, troupe said:

My dealer just posted the pics , has them on order and I am waiting for the price from him.  I also asked about the 21 round mags.  The gun he has a pic of has the extended mag in it.  Hopefully they will ship with the 21 rnd'er.

Curious to see what kinda price you get from him.  I just talked with one of my LGS and they have 2 on order with a mid-may shipping timeframe and 3 on the next order after that (approx 1 month after).

Time to start holding our breath...