Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide to frame slop in a $4K gun?

3djedi

Does this seem right for a $4400 custom gun? My Sti has almost zero play. This new one slops around like a glock.

BTW this is BRAND NEW unfired by me.

Sorry for the poor video quality. Turn the sound up to hear the slide knocking.

What do you think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr3swwh5j0qf4em/00000.MTS?dl=0

Edited by 3djedi

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What did the builder say? Seems like a lot of play, but if it shot great I might overlook it.

I haven't said anything to him. Just picked up the gun last night.

I thought the reason custom costs so much was because all the parts were hand fit to tight tolerances.

I guess I might as well go shoot it and see what it does.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Hello: Don't shoot it and send it back. If you remove the grease it will be even more sloppy. A custom gun should rack like the slide is on ball bearings not an old time wooden roller coaster from the 1920's. Just my thoughts so yours may vary. Thanks, Eric

I agree you should not shoot it. Talk with the builder and tell him you are unhappy about the sloppy fit. If it were me, I'd start wondering just how well all the rest of the supposedly custom fit parts were fit. And don't buy any guff about he did that to make it 100% reliable. I build pistols and I can tell you there is no play in my slide to frame fits and they run 100%. Any way you cut it, that is sloppy work. For $300-$400, maybe. $4000-no way.

Lets not beat the builder up he generally has a good rep.

Don't know why it's like that or got our of his shop like that

BUT

I would not accept that at least he should pay to have it accu-railed if that is acceptable to you

at best he should build you another properly fitted gun

No I don't work for the builder

Lets not beat the builder up he generally has a good rep.

Don't know why it's like that or got our of his shop like that

BUT

I would not accept that at least he should pay to have it accu-railed if that is acceptable to you

at best he should build you another properly fitted gun

No I don't work for the builder

I don't think anybody is beating up the builder at this point. Builder has not even been mentioned.......

I sent the builder an email with a link to the video to see what he thinks about the issue.

Edited by 3djedi

Rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

Not saying I agree with the policy, but typically when a thread brings up issues with a manufacturer's product, it disappears.

Edited by tyler2you