Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide to frame slop in a $4K gun?

3djedi

Why would you want a builder who put his name on that to fix the gun? I don't have any full custom pistols, but if I did, I would expect them to be painstakingly hand fit in every imaginable dimension. Any shop that is selling something less than that as a "custom" gun at custom prices wouldn't be getting my business.

You would think this but lots of corner cutting by big name custom gunsmiths.

If you follow this site a lot, you will see plenty of $4k to $5k guns with some half assed gunsmithing.

Its sad but quality is hard to find, even when spending top dollar.

I have owned several high end custom guns, whether precision rifles or 2011s, and have sent back several of them for bad gunsmithing or been left disappointed.

They are usually fixed but you would think for the money they would in fact be gone over with a fine tooth comb.

Edited by cactusbrew

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow!

Epic Limcat fail!

That video shows an utter piece of rubbish pistol.

If I were in the market for a custom this video would be a total deal killer for me!

You fellas can talk about " shoot it first" and builder fan boy stuff all you like but that is horrible!

Black ball list for me!

Adios!

It's brand new but I didn't have to wait for it. Limcat built it for a distributor. I didn't see anything on the grip safety or any other marks. Maybe it was dust or oil/grease that showed weird on the video........

The tip of the grip safety has grind marks on it, what appears to be polished and blued (two color) may just be the video, but the grind marks should not be there. Has nothing to do with the fit of the slide , but it is 4K. Let us know how it works out. I do believe that it will be repaired.

For what it's worth, here's a video of my Battlecat that I just took because of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvzabvJVS8

Mine has probably a hair less play than Jedi's, but the gun runs 100% and it's as accurate as can be. I'm not posting here to get dog-piled by everyone who thinks that a $4k gun should have zero play, but my suspicion is that the guns that are so tight that the slide has to be lubed to get it on the frame are less reliable than this. There's a reason Limcat guns sell for what they sell for. If Johnny looks at it and needs to fix it, you can bet your ass he will. Their customer service is second to none.