Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet delivery time

MilkMyDuds

I have ordered 20,000+ bullets from Bayou in 3K packages. I live in Dallas, Texas and the usual delivery time with Priority Mail is 2-3 days.

However, recently the delivery times have been around 10 days or so, which is absurd because they call these "Priority 1-Day" or "Priority 2-Day".

Is this normal to everyone else in other parts of the country as well? Is USPS downgrading all their Priority services?

Does anyone know which other vendors sell coated bullets with the same profile as Bayou 147gr (so that I don't have to adjust my Mr. Bullet Feeder), and have great delivery time? I guess more importantly, with guarantied delivery time?

I guess I could treat bullets as powder, e.g. hoard huge bunches ahead of time, but bullets are pretty expensive and go really quickly, and I only manage to save up for next batch when my current batch is almost used up.

Any suggestions?

Is the delay with Bayou or with the USPS? All delivery issues I've had have been with the USPS.

Are you considering the holiday rush? That dorked up my delivery for an extra 3 days.

With the USPS, they don't seem to put much stock in their 3-day priority. They've never made it to me in 3 days. Hell, once my bullets spent 3 days in Orlando. I guess they needed a vacation.

No it's not Bayou's delay.

It's the USPS. Nothing to do with holiday season either, because the service degradation started last Oct. when I first had a Priority 1-Day taking 12 days to deliver. My suspicion is one (some) of the postal workers in the chain, most likely at the DFW receiving end just took the time with these heavy packages. I can see from tracking info it took 1 day from LA to TX then sat at DFW for 4 days before getting routed to me.

Thanks for the pointers. I will check out Missouri Bullets. Maybe avoiding the LA->TX route may skip the lazy workers in the chain? :)

I agree it's not Bayou. I shipped an item last year 3 day priority, it took 10+ to get to the destination. When I contacted USPS about paying extra for faster shipment, I was told "We do our best to get it there in 3 days, but we don't guarantee it. Next time use FedEx."

Hello: It is the local sorting depot usually. They don't want to pickup a box that weights more then 10 pounds. Of the places I have lived the Atlanta area is the worst. I have two different bullet deliveries that the boxes were torn apart and missing over half of the bullets. I have also had friends here who had the same problem. We just reject the receiving of the package. I waited over two weeks one time and finally got the right guy who found the package in 1 hour, you guessed it, it was a broken box. So off it went back to Montana Gold. The next box came but they didn't even deliver it or even try to. I had to go pick it up. I told the supervisor that I paid for delivery to my door so next time deliver it. We will see if that happens in the next couple of weeks when I order some more bullets. Thanks, Eric

I had to pick up the package numerous times in the past, but at least they were on time. That is really up to the postal worker who delivers mail for your neighborhood. Usually ladies would just drop a slip at your door asking you to pick it up at the office, which is perfectly fine if they are on time.

It's these 10-day Priority mails that piss me off.

My most recent case order from Montana gold spent over a week in USPS postal limbo without a tracking update. It had left Montana, made it to Denver, CO, left there, and then no update for over a week. It took 10 days to get to me via priority mail (isn't priority supposed to take 2-3 days?) after the awesome folks at MG shipped it straight away in the morning when I ordered at 3 AM. I can only assume it was the extra postal load from the holidays, but it sure was annoying not even getting tracking updates for that long. On some level, why even have tracking if it doesn't give you vaguely up-to-date information?

Edited by olstyn

USPS has gotten a little weird lately. Had a package from Shooters Connection get hung in Kentucky for 10 days.

Opened a case on it---it showed up 2 days later. That said---got a box-o-bullets from Donnie last week, 2 days

from order to delivered, and I'm farther from Louisiana than most. At least you are getting yours eventually---had

a 3,000 bullet box of 9mm go completely missing. They never did find it. Precision Delta replaced it.

Ordered on Wednesday this week (at 11:44 am) 2.5K bullets from ACME, and they arrived today at 11:00 am: two days with priority shipping from WI to NJ - not bad.

Expected them actually not before Monday.