Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol choice

sray53txtn

If you had an opportunity to purchase a CZ Tac Sport in 9mm or 40S&W which would you choose?

Or if you could actually get both in a good package price would that be a decent option?

USPSA application - Yes I reentering the fun.

Opinions appreciated.

Granted I'm not the best shot,tho I am partial to 9mm, having 2 Tactical Sports,moding or doing something on one while I shoot orher,my goal is eventually make one and open major and minor gun,I shoot alot,9mm has enough price difference in bullet cost I choose a 9mm,IMOP.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Excellent points.

ca2938a2-9d7f-4389-ac87-1a9909f9d797.jpg

9 on the left has a few mods - mag well, trigger, firing pin, front sights, 4 factory mags, & nice grips (7K+ rounds)

40 on right basically new 4 factory mags, fiber optic front sight, & stainless guide rod ( 100+ rounds)

I have components, and equipment to reload for both calibers

Get both and learn the various aspects of 40 major in limited & 9 in open as I develop my skills ?

Edited by Rinoray53

I have one in 40 I really enjoy it... I would suggest getting one in 40 to make major power factor and can use downloaded 40s for 3 gun or steel gun is very manageable even at major power loads ... I can get 21 rounds of 40 reloadable

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 9mm barrel for my 40 Tac Sport. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it that way

Smitty79,

Did you have to make any mods to your CZ TS 40 pistol other than the barrel & fit?

For example - separate 9mm mags, springs sets, etc...

Thanks

I bought the gun used and haven't worked on it much. So I am not sure what springs are in it. All I have to do change the barrel to go back and forth between my major 40 cal ammo and the 147 gn 9mm stuff I shoot from my Production gun. It's run fine for both.