Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Components / Vortex Optics Tri-Gun Championship

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the recent additions to our list of generous and supportive sponsors, we have now upped the number of shooter slots and offered slots to everyone on the waiting list. If you're on the waiting list, check your email. If you did not receive an email, contact me at jomar.mn3gg@gmail.com. Due to the match being less than a month away, the deadline to respond is short.

In a few days, we'll get an idea of how many more shooters we can take on to the match. We'll likely open up a few slots to any last minute hopefuls. If you want a chance to get in, get on the new and clean waitlist.

• 2 weeks later...

to j flowers. I wiil have an extra cart with. look for the Montana 5th wheel camper with a brown ford f350. ask for jon or susan some one will point us out.

Edited by bigjon2

On the info page on the match website, it mentions the possibility of a shotgun side-match. Is this still in the works/possible?

Thanks

Side match is still a go. The stages for the side match will be shot at your leisure during the course of the match

We are just 2 weeks away from the Nordic Vortex Tri-Gun. Out stage designs are finalized and our prize table donations are looking very generous thanks to the supportive match sponsors. Please check out the Match Sponsor page on our website.

We have some exciting and challenging stages planned which we will begin building next weekend. Building the stages will be done over a few days in different areas of the range due to other events. With that, shooters can check out the stages when they are completely built. For the stages still under construction, please give way to our volunteer match staff who is working hard to make this event possible.

Match registration check-in will begin on Thursday June 23rd from 2PM to 7PM at the Main club house. Shooters will receive their match booklets and lunch tickets during check-in. Shooters may walk the stages, but must yield to the volunteer match staff who are shooting all 9 stages in 1 day.

Late check-in will be the morning of the 1st day of the match on Friday June 24th from 6AM to 7AM at the Main club house. A short shooters’ meeting will be held at the main clubhouse at 7:30AM before everyone heads to their assigned stages.

Lunch is provided for all 3 match days outside the main clubhouse by the Forest Lake High School Trap Team. Additional lunches are available for purchase.

The match schedule is attached (2016 Tri-Gun Match Schedule.pdf). The match round count is:

· 153 rifle

· 181 pistol

· 152 birdshot

· 4 slugs

We will have a side shotgun match with 4 stages and a round count of 60 birdshots. The match fee will be $20 and will have its own separate prizes. The side shotgun match is only open to registered Tri-Gun shooters, and shooters will be able to shoot the side shotgun match stages at any time between their Tri-Gun stages and after the Tri-Gun match is done for the day. The side shotgun match will follow the same match rules of the Tri-Gun. There will be 3 divisions: Open, Tactical, and Pump. Shooters can only shoot in 1 division, and may shoot any division provided their shotgun meets the division requirement.

We’re looking forward to seeing all of you very soon.

Jay Schmitt

Match Director &

Prize Coordinator

Jay.MN3GG@gmail.com

Jomar Villamor

Match Director &

Registrations

Jomar.MN3GG@gmail.com

Chris Cazin

Range Master

Caz41@hotmai.com

• 2 weeks later...

We've been very busy the past few days building the stages. We have 9 stages that we are excited to have you shoot.

Registration check in will begin at the main clubhouse from 2 PM to 7 PM. Late registration check in will be Friday from 6 AM to 7 AM.
You will be given match booklets. As most if not all of you know, the written stage briefs almost always changes when the stage actually hits the ground. The match booklets were printed with the original written briefs, but the ones posted at the stages will be the official and final written stage briefs.
We will have a 25 yard sight-in bay available for use from 2 PM to 8 PM. This bay is located at Bay 1 at Gate 3.
The Match Staff will be shooting all the stages tomorrow. Please make sure to give them space and yield to them if they arrive at a stage you are on.
There is a lot of freeway construction going on in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area. The biggest one that affects the Forest Lake area is construction on I-35E south of Forest Lake where traffic lanes will be limited to 1 or 2 lanes depending on the time of day. If you're coming through that way, please plan ahead.
We look forward to seeing all of you soon. We'll have a exciting weekend ahead.

The results from Day 2 of the match is posted in Practiscore, but it appears that the system may be having some issues as viewing the scores in their new format only shows the Day 1 scores.

So here is the link to view the scores in their old format which is working correctly.

Per the match rules, the maximum penalty time for any stage is 300 seconds. Those who received a final time of over 300 seconds had their times adjust to reflect the 300 maximum penalty time.

Please review your scores and notify me as soon as possible of any errors. I will need to see your official paper score sheet for verification.

Jomar

Wow!!! This was really a well run, FUN match!!! :bow:

Lot's of challenging... stages, but very different and unique!!! I swore a bit, but when don't I??

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this match happen! Thanks to Nordic Components and Vortex Optics for partnering up for this! Thanks to JP Enterprises for sponsoring and for my great rifle!! There were TONS of sponsors, and I came in like 89th, and got $300 worth of stuff!!! Awesome all the way around! Thanks to LUTH - AR and Brunton Group for the great prizes!!!

It was fun not having to set up the whole match, but, seriously, we had a blast...even on the 110 degrees heat index Saturday!!! Thanks, too, to the great people on squad 7. Met and made a bunch of new friends from the best squad...reset, were fun, good shooters...just awesome!!! Thanks to Scheels - Fargo, ND for sending such fun shooters!!!!

Thanks soooo much! :bow: :bow:

:wub: Denise

Edited to add: I was so impressed, but I wanted to tell everyone WHY! There are lots of reasons people run matches...money, standing, but this group (and especially the 3 in charge) do it for the love of the sport! I have to tell you...I had mixed feelings when I heard it was going to be 3-Gun instead of shotgun. I love 3-Gun, but a well run shotgun match is a lot of fun as well. But, they did such a good job with the shotgun match, I knew their 3-Gun match would be awesome.

You can tell how much time and energy they put into this. They must've spent hours. They have mostly berms, but I think one of the fastest stages for the quick guys was maybe 55 seconds...they were inventive and although many aspects were annoying - in a good way, because they were challenging and sometimes, uncomfortable...climbing into the SUV, running in the sand, dragging the tire - they were so well thought out. The heart and energy and time that went into this match...well, I know how much it took. It was well worth the drive! These are the kind of people I LOVE to see running matches. What a blast!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Just a quick post because I literally just got home and am dead tired.

This is by far the single best match I have ever been to. I managed to run up against the par time on more than one stage, but rather than being upset about it I found myself giggling like a schoolgirl and wishing I could go again.

The best part was when the weather guessers decided to threaten the match with monsoon, the match staff was responsive and flexible enough to adjust the schedule and then put that change into motion on the fly so seamlessly that an observer without the original schedule in hand would not have noticed. Where other matches have had late stages, bottlenecks and other scheduling issues the RO's and match staff were so awesomely efficient that everything just flowed smoothly even in the face of the threat of inclement weather. Anyone can look good when everything goes right, but the true mark of excellence is when things go wrong and are dealt with so smoothly you never noticed the fault.

To Jay, Jomar, Chris, and the army of RO's, my hat is off to you. Thank you.