Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Components / Vortex Optics Tri-Gun Championship

The range has a 400 yard bay. Local matches have typically only engaged to 300 yds. Not sure what the plan is, but 300-400 yds is possible.

How far can you shoot with the rifle at this range?

The range is capable of 300 but I'm not sure what their stage plans are.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you can shoot paper with slugs to score maybe you can just use a SG.

But it will cost a fortune, long rang steel will prob suck and you are likely to finish dead last.

God I hope they don't go the route of optional targets. I hate that stuff.

You may have some options but it wont be set where you can shoot it all with one gun and exclude the other. I dont like optionional guns either. You can expect to see steel pipes for shotgun and a wide variety of targets.

I would like to say thanks for the kind words by most of you. As match director along with Jomar we understand that some will be sad to see the shotgun match take a year off. I am. It had become our baby. But enough codling. There is a shit ton of behind the scenes that most of you will never know about and there are reasons to do something different this year, and no I am not going to share it here on an open forum. Those who liked shooting the shotgun match will find that the way we do 3 gun is the same. Same fun challenging style stages, same consistencey, same attention to detail and good solid comradery.

Thanks for your understanding,

Jay

This is great! I was enduring my wife's work Christmas party when I first saw this announcement on FB. I was so excited I had to leave the room to fist pump and hi five myself.

To the nay-sayer's. The same guys that put on a great shotgun match, will also put on a GREAT 3-gun match. Just with 3X the fun. I wouldn't be shocked if this match breaks the all time record for filling up. Glad I finally made it to the early registration group B)

The DPMS Tri-Gun got shut down right before I started shooting and not having a major 3 gun match anywhere in the upper midwest has left a void. That void was partially filled with the Nordic Components Shotgun Championships, but I still always hoped it would come back. Am I happy that one had to fall for another to rise. No, but it is what it is.

Jomar,

Speaking of He-Man...will your rules be .308, .45 and pump or some watered down version?? :devil:

Look at me, I asked before JJ!

He-Man will be .308, .45, and pump as it should be. It does allow 1× optic on the rifle.

JJ says "way to be a He-Man!" :roflol:

Still doing our part to keep it alive.

And there's this voice that keeps saying "Prepare for glory" every time I bring out my He-Man gear. Don't want to upset that old dearly-missed friend.

Jomar,

Speaking of He-Man...will your rules be .308, .45 and pump or some watered down version?? :devil:

He-Man will be .308, .45, and pump as it should be. It does allow 1× optic on the rifle.

JJ says "way to be a He-Man!" :roflol:

Still doing our part to keep it alive.

And there's this voice that keeps saying "Prepare for glory" every time I bring out my He-Man gear. Don't want to upset that old dearly-missed friend.

Right on, Jomar!

:)

Edited by RiggerJJ

• 2 weeks later...

Jomar,

What rule set for He-Man?