Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Components / Vortex Optics Tri-Gun Championship

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, thoughts on the likely weather? I know that having shot a lot of 3 gun in MO, it's the next best thing to impossible to get a match done without getting rained on, so the raingear comes with me no matter what, but for those with anecdotal experience, is rain guaranteed, likely, unlikely or unheard of?

This time of year is usually pretty good for weather. One of the reasons we selected it. However thunderstorms are possible. We had a big one a couple of years ago. Typically evening and overnights on rain. One nice thing about the range is it's sand based. So it won't be a mud bowl.

jay

The site is spread out quite a distance but is in 3 sections. You can usually drive to each of the three but having a cart would be good because parking is some distance away from each sections bays.

I'm hoping this means drive to the 3 stage section we'll be shooting that day, and use carts to move between those 3 bays?

Edited by springy

The site is spread out quite a distance but is in 3 sections. You can usually drive to each of the three but having a cart would be good because parking is some distance away from each sections bays.

I'm hoping this means drive to the 3 stage section we'll be shooting that day, and use carts to move between those 3 bays?

Yes drive to each larger area and move between stages with a cart.

Jay

Any idea on the general round count? Will need to pre-ship ammo for the match to my friends house.

No round count has been established, stages are concepts at this time and need to be more solid befor we release an estimate. If I was shipping however and was going to begin my planning I would look at the high end of 200 per gun and add your extra 1/2 or double. (Estimate only, dont hold me to it).

Heavy hitters need 1 rifle round per paper to score.

Jay

I think I heard something about Thursday night registration, do we have times other than 8am shooting starts on fri-sun?

Nothing is firmed up yet, but its looking to be that registration check-in will be Thursday after noon to evening, and will continue again at 6 AM Friday until 7:30 AM when we have the Shooters' Meeting. Shooting starts at 8 AM.