Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Grips

stickboy44

I have the factory grips on my S2 now but i was looking at the Henning grips and wanted to make sure the checkering is aggressive. I got some othe people's opinion on grips and most of them said they liked the Henning grips thickness. Most people said the EGD grips were to thin.

I could not resist and ordered me a set of the blood red for my Limited. Question for you all I have a match with the Canyon Creek welded on magwell. What size grips would be the closest fit for that gun with the magwell? Limited/Custom or would match fits be closer and I just might have to trim them? I was not sure so for now so I have not ordered any grips for the match yet. Thanks if anyone knows I appreciate it.

I could not resist and ordered me a set of the blood red for my Limited. Question for you all I have a match with the Canyon Creek welded on magwell. What size grips would be the closest fit for that gun with the magwell? Limited/Custom or would match fits be closer and I just might have to trim them? I was not sure so for now so I have not ordered any grips for the match yet. Thanks if anyone knows I appreciate it.

I don't think any will "fit" out of the box. Best guess is the match grips cut to size and refinished.

Has anyone used both the Henning and the "scale" grips? I've never shot any of my Tanfos with Henning and wonder how the thickness/width compares to the scales?

yep. I've used the old henning 'curve' grips and the scales on my tanfog. I prefer the scales. The scales have more of a palm swell type shape to them. The henning has some (better than extreme etc) but still not a massive amount.

I picked up a set of the checkered henning grips in black. They still seem to make the gun feel blocky similar to the grauffel grips. I much prefer the scales grips and the palm swell that they feature.

I will say the henning grips have very good checkering, they line up perfectly with the thread holes and are very well made overall. I still don't know why the checkering does not go up higher on the grips; it doesn't do much good for me to be that low on the grip for my support hand.

If anyone is looking for a set of brand new henning grips let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like them too. Added some grip tape on the top though. Just two small strips. Don't know why he decided not to checker that part. That's where I'm putting the most grip force and need the most traction.

I picked up a set of the checkered henning grips in black. They still seem to make the gun feel blocky similar to the grauffel grips. I much prefer the scales grips and the palm swell that they feature.

I will say the henning grips have very good checkering, they line up perfectly with the thread holes and are very well made overall. I still don't know why the checkering does not go up higher on the grips; it doesn't do much good for me to be that low on the grip for my support hand.

I might be interested. Do you have a pic of them on the gun?

I might be interested. Do you have a pic of them on the gun?

I only have a picture of them in the packaging as thats where they sit now.

I am sure somebody around here has a picture of them on a Stock II though.