Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips for Accu Shadow

Just4FunLP

Just ordered a new Accu Shadow. I've been using granulated Talon grips on my XDM for a long time. I love the traction so much I literally epoxy them where they meet on the removable back strap. This gives me two to three times the life. The "grips" I see in the photos of this gun look really cool, but totally nonfunctional. What's your opinion? If I try to order a set of Talons which ones should I order? http://talongungrips.com/grips/cz/

I'm a sweaty cuss and live in Florida so grip is a major issue for me. I'd beat my gun with a hammer if I thought it would make me shoot better, so it'd be safe to say that appearance is not so important.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered a new Accu Shadow. I've been using granulated Talon grips on my XDM for a long time. I love the traction so much I literally epoxy them where they meet on the removable back strap. This gives me two to three times the life. The "grips" I see in the photos of this gun look really cool, but totally nonfunctional. What's your opinion? If I try to order a set of Talons which ones should I order? http://talongungrips.com/grips/cz/

I'm a sweaty cuss and live in Florida so grip is a major issue for me. I'd beat my gun with a hammer if I thought it would make me shoot better, so it'd be safe to say that appearance is not so important.

Not super familiar with the accushadow but I believe it comes with the CZ custom aluminum grips that has the skateboard tape inserts. You are probably OK with what's on there.

I like my Hogue rubber wrap around one with the finger grooves. I have bigger hands and the grip was just too small with the thin aluminum ones that came with the accu shadow.

All my CZs sport VZ Diamondbacks. Very aggressive checkering. Probably 3/4 of the CZs that I see around Atlanta have them.

I like Liquid Grip for extra help with Georgia summers.

I'm definitely the odd one out locally with the double Alpha thick grips on my CZs. They are much larger which I like. I wish the VZs were thicker, then they would be perfect.

All my CZs sport VZ Diamondbacks. Very aggressive checkering. Probably 3/4 of the CZs that I see around Atlanta have them.

I like Liquid Grip for extra help with Georgia summers.

Wow! VZ is just down the road from where I work. The guy that supplies tooling to our plant told me about this place. He says they have a pretty cool process. Maybe I'll swing by.

I've also seen ppl just cover the aluminum grips entirely in grip tape. That would also be tacky, I just prefer a thicker grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what's on my Shadow right now.

I'm debating VZ diamondbacks, or the checkered aluminum grips from CZ-USA right now.

Tried many grips on the cz by far the best grips for the shadow are the cz scales from shooting sports innovations, by Nathan carter

Truth. While they don't look aggressive like checkering or skateboard tape, your fingers really lock into the scales. Grip tape on the front and back straps finish it up.

I tried the VZ Diamondback grips. Loved them, but they were too thin for my bigger hands. Then tried the thick LemonGrater grips from CZC. Again, great texture but still wanted something thicker. So, i eventually went with the cheap plastic CZ grips ($20 from CZ USA) with 3M walking tape on them as they provided me with the thickest grip option I could find. And they work great.

I tried the VZ Diamondback grips. Loved them, but they were too thin for my bigger hands. Then tried the thick LemonGrater grips from CZC. Again, great texture but still wanted something thicker. So, i eventually went with the cheap plastic CZ grips ($20 from CZ USA) with 3M walking tape on them as they provided me with the thickest grip option I could find. And they work great.

I like it.

As stated above ... Shooting Sports Innovations !!! Plus they look cool. LOL

They do look really cool.

How thick are they vs. the stock rubber grips?

They are very close to the stock rubber grip width at the base, only .06 thinner. They are contoured to allow easier access to the mag release, but thicker at the base, mimicking a 2011 frame pistol. I just ordered a pair myself and will post my thoughts once I send a few down range.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for Shooting Sports Innovation CZ Scales. I had been using the "lemon graters", and still the gun would move a bit in my hands during recoil. With the Scales, my grip remains rock-solid. I really wasn't expecting that much improvement when I ordered them, and was pleasantly surprised. . .

I settled on the rubber, but went back and forth between that and the plastic with heavy stippling, larger than average sized hands also.

I have some pricey grips on a couple other guns but with Cz I just prefer the factory fit.

JGus - How would you describe the aggressiveness of the VZ vs LemonGraters?

I use VZ on my 1911 and don't find them too aggressive at all. But for some reason the warnings on the lemon graters gives me pause.

The lemon graters are for sure aggressive, but I just feel like they're plagued with the same thing many other CZ grips are, they're basically flat on the sides. The vz's and the scales just seem to fit the hand better. I think a grip the same profile as the scales, with the same grip as a lemon grater or the more aggressive vz grips, would be the best grip available.