Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LM BCGs - JP vs Seekins

Langenator

Anyone tried this one? http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGN3LW $99 sale price for a low mass bolt carrier group.

I assume it was manufactured for the 'shaving ounces off my AR" club and not the "let's see if I can get my AR to shoot softer' club (I'm in the latter) but that shouldn't matter, right?

I just started using it. So far so good. I matched it with Taccom buffers and adjustable gas block. For me it's running super flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone tried this one? http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGN3LW $99 sale price for a low mass bolt carrier group.

I assume it was manufactured for the 'shaving ounces off my AR" club and not the "let's see if I can get my AR to shoot softer' club (I'm in the latter) but that shouldn't matter, right?

Looks similar to the Rhino Arms ULM bolt carrier.

I'm in the "Buy once, cry once" camp. Seeing as the JP LMOS has a proven track record, I paid the premium vs. other brands and splurged on the Blackheart Ti firing pin as a precaution.

As soon as this crazy Texas weather begins to cooperate again, I may get to test this bad boy out before my next match in January.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about this BCG as well. In materials used, it seems very similar to the low mass BCG from Rubber City, which is over double the price. Rubber City's has a lifetime warranty, AIM's includes with a 30 day warranty (I emailed them to ask).

Adjusted my new JP LMOS paired with the Blackheart Ti firing pin. Worked like a charm.

For the 1st time I've been able to adjust my gas block to lock back on the last round.

I was surprised to see that the Independence 556 ammo was lower in power than even the cheap Monarch or Herters .223 ammo. But it was only 1 click difference on my SLR gas block between the Independence and the American Eagle XM193.

Edited by v1911

This is a newbie questions are the titianium bcg ie boom fab, v7, and others not worth the cost? I am assuming the aluminum ones aren't worth the cost due life span of the carrier? It was just stated earlier that jp lmos ( I am assuming your talking about the steel one) were the best. I am not doubting this I would just like a little better explainaton as why they are best. So I can make the best purchase for me in the future.

Take a look at Iron City Rifleworks. They have a new Titanium carrier that is coated for a really nice price point.

As best I can tell it is a steel carrier with TiN coating. Seems rather deceptive to simply call it a titanium carrier.

Iron City does offer several models . They do make steel but offer a new titanium one that's coming out fairly quick . I run the steel one that's coated with TiN and I'm super happy with it . Between the machining and coating it's amazing quality at a great price.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Edited by Durtywrench

Do you have any specs on the new titanium carrier coming out ie price or weight ?

They'll be running $450 and they weigh in at 4.2 oz . Right now I have the steel version in TiN and can't say enough good things about it. What I've noticed so far is the finish machining before coating is done extremely well.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk