Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LM BCGs - JP vs Seekins

Langenator

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do not need the enhanced bolt. Any milspec bolt will do. I run a Titanium firing pin and the Colt extractor spring (gold spring black insert).

Yes, the JP low mass with QPQ coating is the best low mass carrier on the market.

• 3 weeks later...

Jp carrier and bolt are a great combo though. They are SUPER easy to clean and take a ton of rounds before you get any carbon the stick in the spots it likes to stick. The enhansed bolt has the nice one piece gas ring also. I literally cannot get my jp rig to malfunction even filthy. The carrier made that gun the flattest shooting, most reliable rifle i have ever ran.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It was a must in my system, probably not necessary for everyone. I immediately had slam fires when I added the Taccom buffer to my LMOS system, the TI pin cured it.

Mind me asking what brand Ti pin you went with?

That's 2 people that commented that they use the Blackheart. I'm surprised that the JP one isn't mentioned. Other than the treatment on the Blackheart, are there any differences between the different Ti pins?

Edited by v1911

I haven't a clue. When I bought mine I was in a hurry to get my slam fires fixed before a match. I hopped on Enos, searched TI firing pins and the first two posts I read had MarkCO and Kurt Miller recommending the Blackheart pins, I said to hell with doing my own research, that's good enough for me.

That's 2 people that commented that they use the Blackheart. I'm surprised that the JP one isn't mentioned. Other than the treatment on the Blackheart, are there any differences between the different Ti pins?

A couple alternatives:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217986&hl=%2Btitanium+%2Bfiring+%2Bpin#entry2427621

I heard that Kurt Miller guy still loads weak hand, he obviously doesn't know anything!!! :) Iron City is giving a Ti firing pin away with their carriers this weekend. Looks like a pretty good deal. Their carriers look pretty awesome. Hopefully I will have one soon for my own. :)