frankford arsenal wet tumbler?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, guys, need to adjust my recipe.

I am using Dawn, Lemi Shine and very little of that Cascade easy rinse stuff. No pins.

The brass comes out very clean, but slightly darker than I would like.

What to adjust for the lighter finish?

I think you get the polishing on the outside of the cartridge case from them rubbing together, look at the folks using cement mixers with no pins. The pins are mostly for the inside of the case and the primer pocket, for we who deprime prior to tumbling.

I'm using a cement mixer and an getting more than passable results with no media. Insides of cases aren't as clean, but ssshhhh! No one can tell once they are loaded.

Lots of water changes though, but these are far easier with a mixer than a tumbler.

Ran a load of .45ACP/44Mag and another load of .38 Special/.38 Super/.380ACP/9mm through...

I'm more convinced now the pins aren't worth the trouble if you don't care about the primer pockets.

This was all about efficiency of time since I have a few buckets left to clean.

I didn't use any of the media separator products I had... only the strainer that comes with the tumbler (that fits inside the drum) and a few old towels.

-Nothing decapped

-Some of these were pretty muddy so I ran just the cases and some water for about 15 minutes, strained out the water, then added new water and the other products.

-Water/Lemshine/Car Wash&Wax, again, NO pins

-Ran for 2hrs

-Rinsed a few times using the strainer endcap.

-Dump on one towel, roll around on another towel, let dry on a third towel.

IMG_20160120_145813578_zpsbgyqu9al.jpg

I'm using a cement mixer and an getting more than passable results with no media. Insides of cases aren't as clean, but ssshhhh! No one can tell once they are loaded.

Lots of water changes though, but these are far easier with a mixer than a tumbler.

I think that is really more helpful than hurtful.

I notice less of the cases sticking on the expander than I did with new brass or brass cleaned with the stainless pins.

hi all

any one put there mags in a wet tumbler,ive got 6 x sti mags that are getting lets say a little slow to drop out of the gun and i know they need a good clean,i was thinking of putting them in with some 38sc anyone? if so with or without pins

Edited by mickd1

Who has the best price on these guys? Cabellas had them a few months ago for $150 and I had to pass. Now it seems like the kit is $189 or more everywhere I look.

Amazon had a lightning deal for $109 a couple months ago...I should have bought a second one then...keeping my eye to see if they do it again...

Edited by racerba

Who has the best price on these guys? Cabellas had them a few months ago for $150 and I had to pass. Now it seems like the kit is $189 or more everywhere I look.

Amazon had a lightning deal for $109 a couple months ago...I should have bought a second one then...keeping my eye to see if they do it again...

Damn thats a deal for sure! I need to figure out a way to set an alert on that!

Damn thats a deal for sure! I need to figure out a way to set an alert on that!

http://camelcamelcamel.com/

December 30th on Amazon was $145 shipped