Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yes, guns are dangerous

Scooter

Nobody moved to call 911. Very possibly the guy could have been bleeding out internally right there in the classroom.

That would have been a real demonstration closer, huh?

"So kids rememmmbbeeerrrrr..... gunsss... dangerrrrruhhhh.... ahhhhhhhh.........<thump>"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then he just keeps going! Then he brings out the AR!! "Don't worry kids, it's unloaded!"

He also assured them that the Glock was unloaded before he fired it into his leg.

This guy's actions make me sick.

This hurts us all in so many ways.

-Chet

BTW, I would have put this post in "What I Hate". :angry:

How in the holy ........ did that loser get a job as a Fed? That's the million dollar question.

If that's who's protecting me from the bad men of this world, I'll deal with the Columbian Drug Cartels directly, thank you very kindly.

no, i don't think it slam fired. it looked like he closed the slide while he was holding it up and then pointed it down and pulled the trigger. good thing he proclaimed he was a trained professional before he shot himself otherwise i would have thought he was just an idiot. ;) . good thing we now know he is actually a professional idiot and is getting paid for it.

This idiot needs to be fired...from a cannon.

My theory is that at about 1 millisecond after the shot was fired his partner was HOPING the jerk was bleeding out internally so he could get a new partner.

Given how schools are constructed these days I am surprised that someone in an adjacent room didn't get nailed.

Who let that idiot into the classroom with a loaded gun!!!!

I just limp around, bleed on floor and finish this class like nothing happen.

Do you really expect a police officer speaking on an official capacity not to wear his real badge of authority?

In addition to the safety violations, one could also argue that his action of unloading his duty gun was disarming himself while on the job. I wonder if any regulations cover that?

Why is everybody so surprised that idiots like this guy are on the job??? While certainly not in the majority, every shift at every district has a couple (not one, but a couple) of 'em.

Street supervisors are not even allowed to so much as raise their voice to a copper without the fear of being investigated themselves. If copper and supervisor happen to be of a different sex/race/religion/whatever, then it's automatically sex/race/religion/whatever discrimination on the part of said supervisor.

The police administration, Fire & Police commission, and courts all coddle and protect these fools, while investigating the sh&*t out of the poor sergeant who was stupid enough to try to actually supervise. Almost everything gets turned into a "training issue," and if any sanction at all is taken against the dumb-dumb, it is being sent back to the academy for a day or two for "remedial training."

Meanwhile, Sarge is still being investigated. It gets real old after a while.

Sad thing is that there were likely reprecussions in Glynco over this incident even though the quality of instruction at FLETC is actually quite good (though about 1/10th as long as it should be). I would not blame the guy's instructors as it is apparent that no amount of proper teaching would have made it through that officer's thick skull. That man should not have been hired as an agent and lets hope that they now have him washing patrol vehicles or some other assignment with a lower risk of injuring people (and as far away from a firearm as possible).

D.C. Johnson

I lived in Orlando for 10-ish years, and did most of my schooling there. Except for the portable classrooms I was in, they all had block walls - including the new classrooms that were added on to my high school in the mid-80s. The new admin buildings had normal sheet rock walls, though, interestingly enough. I don't recall being able to tell the wall material from the video, but it's quite possible that they're cement block walls.

I agree that children need to be taught the importance of firearms safety, but doing it in school with real firearms just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

The really sad part of the whole video is that the guy doesn't realize that he has just shot himself with an "unloaded" gun because he immediately tells his partner to "Get that rifle" declaring to everyone that it's unloaded. Truly Sad.

He was right on one point though.....He's not showing guns to anyone anymore because he's out of a job.