Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good place to get complete AR-15 upper ?

EddyB

Looking for a good place online to get a quality at a good price AR-15 upper, currently looking at ar15depot.com but would like other suggestions / sources / recommendations to compare.........

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Carbon Arms made a fabulous 16" competition upper for me. I always recommend them. Nice to have accuracy and function verified by the maker himself. Not "mass produced". Uncompromising quality in the components.

DSG by Seekins are pretty good for the price. Me and a few others I know pick them up for their first batch.

bought an upper from them as well. first time out, couldn't get it to cycle at all. brought it home, barrel nut came off with minimal force by hand. tightened it up hand have 0 problems since.

DSG by Seekins are pretty good for the price. Me and a few others I know pick them up for their first batch.

bought an upper from them as well. first time out, couldn't get it to cycle at all. brought it home, barrel nut came off with minimal force by hand. tightened it up hand have 0 problems since.

Pushed the pins on mine at the range and started blasting, haven't have a problem yet in quite a few matches. It's good stuff and for the price it was hard to beat.

What your budget and what division/class are you planning to shoot?

Great point. There are lots of good choices out there. One persons budget choice is out of reach for others.

Some good options already mentioned. I'd add JP on the upper end, Palmetto State Armory as a budget option.

Personally, I'd either build one myself or buy one used. Building yourself isn't the cheapest option but offers flexibility and teaches a lot about the platform.

Agree with above. What is your budget. After buying my first 2 complete uppders, i have assembled the next 8 myself and wont look back. Piston, long range 24", ar pistols, etc. Not that hard with a small investment in tools that you end up reusing.

Agree with above. What is your budget. After buying my first 2 complete uppders, i have assembled the next 8 myself and wont look back. Piston, long range 24", ar pistols, etc. Not that hard with a small investment in tools that you end up reusing.

While I've seen some upper deals lately that are too good to pass up, this is always a good point here on building your own. Not sure that I'd recommend building your own if you're brand spanking new to the AR platform, but the benefit to do it yourself is the ability to pick and choose the ideal part for your ideal platform... and it isn't complicated. Also, if you're not in a rush, buy a part a month (ie, this month I'm going to research nothing but barrels and on payday I'm buying the best barrel I've discovered) and while it may be somewhat more expensive in the end, it doesn't hurt as bad because you're paying for it all in small bites rather than swallowing the bill whole at once. Then, a year or two down the line when the next greatest part hits the market (a gas block, a hand guard, etc), it's no big deal to pop it off and replace, vs the guy who buys his stuff whole and thinks he has to be married to it. Just my $.02.

Thank you all for the input, it really helped me a lot, I think I will build my own, this way I can get good quality parts over time without hurting my pocket and learn more about the platform in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk