Single-Stack Nationals - Predictions

BritinUSA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately SS Nats is like a boring IPSC/Bullseye match, really no field courses and throwing more than a single D in the match can really screw the pooch. He will probably still break the top 20 though!

It appears that the rain may hold off for tomorrow, the sun came out briefly just as the last stages were being completed. Tomorrow is supposed to be mostly cloudy, so there should be fewer delays, I think we were about 1.5 hours behind schedule due to the thunderstorm.

Chris Stump is really fast but tends to be a little reckless. I think that is why he finishes a little lower. He does really good on all but a couple stages and those cause him to drop down some. He is a really nice guy and fun to shoot with.

Been told Matt Mink went overweight with Minor gun. The barrels have more metal in them, you know.

Mike Gnyra is our hometown favorite and still may surprise some. An astonishing combination of fast hands, quick thinking, excellent vision over the field, and intelligence. Only in his mid-20s- a long ways to go.

Gives me faith in the youth of America.

Almost wish there were separate scores for the poor souls who suffered through Saturday's monsoons, thunder/lightning delay, splashing through ponds where the trout were jumping, and cleaning mags more than ever before.

In the words of TD Roe talking about the conditions, "It was the worst day on a range for me, ever." (And that included the Saturday of the 2011 SSC.)
Again, speaking as the extremely biased homer, she still managed to toss only one mike into the floppy, bagged paper cardboards and no other penalties through the whole match, for second lady of the day behind the excellent Sara Taylor. That's determination.
Mother Nature may have seemed to win Saturday, but competitors like her fought her to a draw.

No attempt at impartiality was made here.

Edited by Cherryriver

There was someone else?
No bias.

At the end of Friday, overall was Mike Gnyra and Sara Taylor first lady. Matt Mink running away in Open.

Supposedly shooting just ended at 4:30CDT or so... we shall see soon enough. Well, not soon enough for Mike.

Edited by Cherryriver

Men's is between Sevigny, Jonasson and Strader. Nils had a great match until Stage 14, almost broke his fingers on a door and tagged the wrong popper from the left position (video is at www.liveshots.net).

I just sent him a text asking why... sad. As we were sitting there debating which gun he should shoot when he chose the 9, so I feel like I was part of the problem if it was indeed for being overweight. I wish there was a way to combine the scores and see where he would have been....

I just sent him a text asking why... sad. As we were sitting there debating which gun he should shoot when he chose the 9, so I feel like I was part of the problem if it was indeed for being overweight. I wish there was a way to combine the scores and see where he would have been....

You can do the math,. just solve for his stage points by using the HHF from SS and his HF from Open. Add them up and that will tell you his place. But, it is just a mathematical exercise since I doubt he shot the match as he would of if he was in the running.