Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun

Anybody know if they will have a rifle Dark House stage at Superstition this year?

They had one last year and of course I showed up at the stage with no flashlight. Ended up scrambling around trying to borrow one, and after I found one had to scramble around looking for duct tape, all the while being told I was the on-deck shooter.

I'd like to be a little bit better prepared this year.

Any info on any stages at all?

This is my first time going to the SMM3G. Is there a "match book" like there is for IPSC matches, and if so, does it get mailed to the competitor? Is there a place to check the zero on my rifle and function fire my guns prior to the match starting?

-David

Hey, in case anyone is interested....

I will be there, walking the range, either on Saturday or Sunday (not sure yet).

I couldn't make time to shoot the match between biz-trips, but I want to come see it on the ground.

Why should you care? 'Cuz I'm working on the next rev of the USPSA multi-gun rules, and the main reason I will be there is to see how SMM does it, and to give you a chance to tell USPSA how we should do it.

Hope to see you there. I'll be the round guy in the USPSA shirt B)

Bruce

My flight arrives in Phoenix around 2pm on Thursday. From what I gather, Mesa is about 15-20 minutes from the aero-port, so I think a trip to the range on Thursday seems to be in order. I just hope that everything fits into my compact "cart". Thanks for the info.

-David

Still no answer to round count? I am leaving to drive from Indiana on Saturday and it would be nice to know about how much ammo to bring. I can live without the stage descriptions for now.

ROUND COUNT???

Thanks a million,

David Adams

The website says..... Pistol 150, Rifle 150, Shotgun 100 birdshot, 25 slugs. Estimate!!!!

My flight also arrives Thursday just before 2pm. Hope to get to the range and see everything and confirm zero.

Bring enough ammo to shoot everything twice... And for the shotgun, I also bring #4's & #6's, 1-1/4 oz, 3-3/4 drams.

For you that are CCW, this may be of help, see http://www.dps.state.az.us/ccw/recip.asp

It is the opinion of the Arizona Department of Public Safety that the following twenty-nine states issue permits that meet the requirements specified under ARS 13-3112.U (list includes reciprocal states*):

Alaska*, Arkansas*, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky*, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan*, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio*, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas*, Utah*, West Virginia, Wyoming

Please note, the above list is for information purposes and does not constitute an endorsement by the State of Arizona of the concealed weapon programs of these states. The Department of Public Safety will attempt to update this information regularly; however it is each individual's responsibility to ensure that they are in compliance with ARS 13-3112.

Residents of other states may not legally carry a concealed weapon in Arizona unless they are in possession of a permit issued by Arizona or one of the states listed under reciprocity or recognition.