Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport rear sight

Jody Waring

I'm a little confused about the rear sight for the TS. Can I simply order an STI or the like Bomar style sight for an LPA cut? Not relatively easy to get CZ stuff in Canada, and am wondering what will, and won't fit. Thanks guys!

I'm a little confused about the rear sight for the TS. Can I simply order an STI or the like Bomar style sight for an LPA cut? Not relatively easy to get CZ stuff in Canada, and am wondering what will, and won't fit. Thanks guys!

The slide cut is similar to an LPA dovetail but some trimming will need to be done in order to make it work.

CZC sells an adjustable rear sight for $60 but it seems like it has been out of stock for a while.

The slide cut is similar to an LPA dovetail but some trimming will need to be done in order to make it work.

CZC sells an adjustable rear sight for $60 but it seems like it has been out of stock for a while.

What type of trimming? Normal sight fitting type work or work on the slide itself? I'm interested in this myself, the TS is possibly going to be my next gun but, I don't like the stock sights.

I thought the same thing about the sights until I used the gun. Having a built in slide racker is super convenient.

I agree. The stock rear sight is one of the best things about the TS. It's a great racker and I really like the sight picture with a .090 Dawson front sight.

What type of trimming? Normal sight fitting type work or work on the slide itself? I'm interested in this myself, the TS is possibly going to be my next gun but, I don't like the stock sights.

Kensight LPA cut for 1911's is the adjustable sight available inthe market that fits the TS and CM. CZ UB is now selling something similar but you will save money in shipping and get a better deal in the US.

The stock TS rear sight is one of the best points of the gun. Use as a slide racker and it's super fast to line up the front in the nice wide notch. I almost want to mount one on my Tanfo Limited. At least I know it won't break.

Edited by pivoproseem

The challenge in my case with the fixed rear for CM was to find a tall enough FO - needed something at least 8 mm ( .244 inch tall) in a P09 style - nobody makes this. Option was to either get an adjustable lower profile rear or monkey with trimming the rear sight height and potentially the slide top. Your mileage may vary.

I went with a shorter Dawson FO front sight and ground down the top of the rear sight to match. I then recut the rear notch, and rounded and beveled the outside edges of the sight. Now I have a lower sight setup and the beveled edges make using the rear sight as a slide racker much more comfortable.

The challenge in my case with the fixed rear for CM was to find a tall enough FO - needed something at least 8 mm ( .244 inch tall) in a P09 style - nobody makes this. Option was to either get an adjustable lower profile rear or monkey with trimming the rear sight height and potentially the slide top. Your mileage may vary.

Dawson makes one smaller and one taller. I went with the smaller of the 2 and it's perfect for me.

I went with a shorter Dawson FO front sight and ground down the top of the rear sight to match. I then recut the rear notch, and rounded and beveled the outside edges of the sight. Now I have a lower sight setup and the beveled edges make using the rear sight as a slide racker much more comfortable.

I was thinking of doing something similar to my TS rear sight. The point of impact was ridiculously low at 25 feet and after installing the shortest front sight (5.5mm) that CZC sells, I am still shooting a few inches low. IMHO, the rear sight window is a bit wider than I am comfortable with. I might just buy a Harrison Fixed LPA rear sight instead.

Jody, I'm fairly certain the dovetail for 19/2011 is a hair smaller than the LPA cut for the TS. If you want an adjustable rear for the TS I have one I'm not using I'll let go for $60 shipped.

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2015 at 1:21 PM, himurax13 said:

I was thinking of doing something similar to my TS rear sight. The point of impact was ridiculously low at 25 feet and after installing the shortest front sight (5.5mm) that CZC sells, I am still shooting a few inches low. IMHO, the rear sight window is a bit wider than I am comfortable with. I might just buy a Harrison Fixed LPA rear sight instead.

Did you ever get the Harrison fixed LPA?  Wondering if it a direct replacement or if it needed modification/fitting?  Thanks. 

6 hours ago, himurax13 said:

I just ended up with an adjustable champion rear sight from CZC.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

After breaking one this weekend, I ordered another from CZC but am leaning towards using fixed rears. I have a fixed TS rear on my other CTS but have always wanted a lower sight profile.  Maybe milling down a fixed rear is the only option at this point. Thanks for replying back. 

12 minutes ago, MRevolutionIX said:

After breaking one this weekend, I ordered another from CZC but am leaning towards using fixed rears. I have a fixed TS rear on my other CTS but have always wanted a lower sight profile.  Maybe milling down a fixed rear is the only option at this point. Thanks for replying back. 

We have a slightly lower sight

http://czcustom.com/ts-fbnl-rear-sight-black.html

I wasn't aware of that sight Stu. I am waiting on a new sight to arrive from Europe that is used on the TS Orange. It looks like a great option as it's similar to the Shadow 2 sight which I currently use on my SPO1 Shadow. It's a nice sight.