Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$4000 glock?

3djedi

Seems a bit much for a glock........ that's infinity territory I think!

http://www.reactivegunworks.com/store/p30/Salient_G21_Tier_1_TiN_with_RMR.html

Yeah, I really would like to shoot/examiner one of their pistols. I find it hard to believe they are worth twice that of a ZEV'd out Glock. But people buy them, and I guess they are worth what people are willing to pay.....

If you really want a "One Only" gun, then the original Fire Glock can be yours for only $10,000. Includes a copy of the original police report. It has a very unique feature, called barrel retention. The slide was tweaked enough from the fire that the barrel cannot be removed. This is a plus for you Operator's in the event you are taking the gun apart in complete darkness. Plus it comes with custom "Fire Finish" grips, left/right side gun identifier (mutated melted frame depressions above the trigger pin), and OEM Glock sights that actually work, not like that freak Glock with a 3.25 MOA dot, come on, .325" diameter at 10 yards. Good luck trying to find that.

image33267.jpg

image31932.jpg

If you really want a "One Only" gun, then the original Fire Glock can be yours for only $10,000. Includes a copy of the original police report. It has a very unique feature, called barrel retention. The slide was tweaked enough from the fire that the barrel cannot be removed. This is a plus for you Operator's in the event you are taking the gun apart in complete darkness. Plus it comes with custom "Fire Finish" grips, left/right side gun identifier (mutated melted frame depressions above the trigger pin), and OEM Glock sights that actually work, not like that freak Glock with a 3.25 MOA dot, come on, .325" diameter at 10 yards. Good luck trying to find that.

image33267.jpg

image31932.jpg

I laughed, :roflol:

I'm pretty sure if you call Salient yourself, you can have it done for cheaper than that particular gun seller is advertising... I think between about $2100 and 2400 for the Tier I package on a Glock. There are some options that change the price up too... Basically on a Glock, your getting the trigger, frame stipple and modifications, slide mill work and refinish, and barrel TiN coated, plus the laser engraved SAI emblems... If you want them to install and TiN coat a bar-sto barrel for example its going to add cost...

I believe, in a limited setup, the most you should spend is around 2,000... And that's pushing it, for a non machined version, 1,500... There are a lot of smaller companies that make insane glocks in that price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I love my Glock 35, I cannot see any point in putting that kind of money in one no matter what's been done to it. I frankly think that companies have gone way overboard on these designs. To my mind, if something like a KKM barrel and Vanek trigger aren't enough then it's time to think about a 2011.

Perhaps it's just because I haven't tried some of the new variations, but I can't see any way you can take a striker-fired pistol and make it better than a single-action.

And let's not forget capacity. I've tried 4 different brands of mag extensions and still cannot stuff 20 rounds in a mag and have it cycle.

Edited by Graham Smith

And let's not forget capacity. I've tried 4 different brands of mag extensions and still cannot stuff 20 rounds in a mag and have it cycle.

Then you must have kinda bad luck, I can get 20 rounds in any of my magazines, as can most of the people I shoot with. Starting a stage at 20+1 is usually plenty for me. There is the occasional stage that one more target from 21+1 could make a difference, but I would say those are the minority.

during the 'crazy times' i saw people buying 500 rd boxs of 22 lr for $75 each .... there are plenty of people who have no regard for the value of money, even when they really should based on their income ....

Then you must have kinda bad luck, I can get 20 rounds in any of my magazines, as can most of the people I shoot with.

And I don't know anyone that can do that. It really seems to be an issue of what generation Glock and what gen mags and what gen follower, etc.