Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideal 3 Gun belt setup

I'm running custom ELS brackets on the CR Speed belt so it was a little cleaner then drilling holes. Really happy with that setup. ELS with a normal belt is where it's at for sure.

20140525_204146.jpg

IMG_6694.jpg

This looks exactly what I've been looking for, ELS w/o the belt. I'm switching from Glock to STI for my 3G rig, what magazine pouches besides Safariland that have cant options are compatible with ELS? Thanks doesn't look like the AA or Ghost 360 pouches will work.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Im new and learning 3g. What stands out in this thread is interchangeability of gears/pouches around the belt. How do you develope effecient reloading technique if the mags or shell carriers keep on changing position around the belt as often as you change matches or stages? Need to understand this before I order my gears. Thanks.

Edited by BoyGlock

shot caddies pretty much stay in the front. rifle / pistol mags on the side and sway only when need be for a all rifle stage or all pistol stage its really simple as long as all your gear has the adapters on it you wont have any

real issue. plan on 2-3 shot caddies up front 2 pistol mags and 1 rifle mag on the side and grab a shot chest rig for all shotgun stages/matches that holds 16-24 rounds with 16-24 on your belt.

have at least 2 preferably 3 pistol mag pouches and 2 rifle (the safariland rifle ones are hard to beat) I run all ELS and and Invictus 24 round chest rig. Also consider using a pistol holster QD plate it helps allot when pistol is not required in the stage. keep in mind retention is more important than speed when selecting holsters and mag pouches. the Blade Tech WRS holster is about as good as it get for retention and keeping the pistol in the holster.

I like the ELS belt fasten in the back it is a bit hard to get on by oneself so bring your match sherpa to help with that. It allows plenty of room and its rigid holds up great.

the sport is ever evolving so what was great a year ago you will want something else next year. grab some gear and find a match you will figure it out fast.

Shooterrdy,

Thank you. Im gonna shoot open 3G due to vision problem brought about by my age. Im into ipsc/uspsa open pistol before this. Im leaning on ELS carriers on crspeed belt. Your input on mags and shot carriers are very helpful and much appreciated.

ejirex.jpg

Double Alpha belt with ELS receivers from the BinaryEng vendor section. Currently running a Safariland GLS holster on an Invictus Practical holster hanger on the ELS system. So far it has been beefy enough to hold the 2011. 3 double alpha mag pouches and one rifle pouch that always stays in place. So far I only have 2 caddies, maybe I'll purchase a 3rd and to load strong hand with slugs when they are mixed together in a stage.

I think it is awesome to be able to remove the shotgun caddies when I don't need them - they are such a pain when they are still on and you have to reset. I'm not sure I would call this an Ideal 3 gun belt setup, but it has worked so far. There are so many options out there it is difficult to decide.

Is Invictus 2.8 good for a newbie who plans to learn load2 skill first then upgrade to load4 or stay at 2 later?

That is one of the reasons I went with the Invictus 2.8; I was not sure if I could do the quad loads and I could always fall back to load 2. I was able to load2 without any issues with the 2.8 and then moved onto quad loading. Getting used to the quad loading took a little more patience and practice but is worth it in the end.

I'm sure the other guys with a lot more experience can chime in - I was the new guy last year.

Edited by slbrugby

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting my starting my second 3 gun season and upgrading my equipment. I bought a Safariland Belt and I'm setting it up with the ELS mounts. I'm pretty good with what I'm going to hang on it, but before I set up the belt and mount the ELS systems a simple question. Where do you set up the buckle? that portion of the belt doubles over and it does not seem like its a good idea to have the buckle in front where you would hang your shot shell caddies. It seems like its better to have behind you where you are not going to hang any equipment. However I did that and I had a hell of a time getting it on (the belt is very stiff and new).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I'm starting my starting my second 3 gun season and upgrading my equipment. I bought a Safariland Belt and I'm setting it up with the ELS mounts. I'm pretty good with what I'm going to hang on it, but before I set up the belt and mount the ELS systems a simple question. Where do you set up the buckle? that portion of the belt doubles over and it does not seem like its a good idea to have the buckle in front where you would hang your shot shell caddies. It seems like its better to have behind you where you are not going to hang any equipment. However I did that and I had a hell of a time getting it on (the belt is very stiff and new).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have the tail of the belt end up right behind my holster (right hand shooter). I have a CR Speed keeper sewn onto the belt to keep the tail in place. I don't need someone to attach my belt, and ELS recievers going all the way around to the middle of my back, 9 I think. There is no receiver that is on the overlap of the belt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I've been playing with the set up tonight. What is your spacing on the ELS receivers in front where you mount your shot shell caddies. I'm going to get some Invictus Practical shot shell caddies I'm divided between getting (2) 8 shot caddies and the new IP R12 shot caddie and adding 1 8 shot caddie. I am right handed and I load weak hand

thx

Thanks, I've been playing with the set up tonight. What is your spacing on the ELS receivers in front where you mount your shot shell caddies. I'm going to get some Invictus Practical shot shell caddies I'm divided between getting (2) 8 shot caddies and the new IP R12 shot caddie and adding 1 8 shot caddie. I am right handed and I load weak hand

thx

You will need to play with it once you have all your caddies, mag carriers etc. Try a bunch of configurations, heavy shotgun stage with pistol, all shotgun etc.

I just redid my belt after 2 years to fine tune caddies and better access to them. I run 2 IP2.8s and 1 IP 12 depending on stage. Also have some older caddies for mixed ammo stages or for load 2.

Good luck

Edited by bishop414

thx

I made my own shot shell holders, so, I space the recievers so the shot shells are end to end. With that setup, I can substitute Mark Otto 4 shell caddies for my slugs if needed. All rifle and pistol holders are from my left hip back. Unless of course I need more shot shells.

If you dislike the Safariland belt, but like the ELS clips, here is a "part" that might be beneficial to you to make your own ultimate set-up.

http://carbonarms.us/new_arrivals.html

I have been playing with this for a few months and wilh some velcro, you can "make" your own outer belt to go on a CR or AA type inner. I have been using it hardmounted to a CR speed outer belt and with clips on a Wilderness instructors belt.