Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz custom hajo sight vs fixed for competition

Superpipe9

Adjustables are nice to be able to dial in any load but they break. My HAJO broke and I replaced it with a comp rear. For my reloads, I had to shave down the 7.0 front to 6.75 and it is perfect now. I would recommend going with fixed. Once you are zeroed, you don't have to worry about it.

Dammit, I just bought a brand new Hajo and used it for USPSA last weekend. The springs are definately too short and some loctite is needed. I did notice that I could lift up on the sight once I had it zeroed out.

I wonder if CZC will be offering Flat Black H TAC non tritium rear sights soon.

Fixed for me too after two broken adjustables (not hajos though).

In ipsc reliability is number 1. Fixed is the most reliable. Once you have a good load, stock up on components, get the appropriate height front, drift the rear if needed and you're done. :)

I'm coming up on 35k rounds through my Accu Shadow and have had three HAJO failures. On one, the head of the height adjustment popped off during a stage. Not a big deal since the targets were close. Swapped out for my backup blaster on the next stage and drove on. CZ Custom says that they made some changes to the screw as this happened to several people. On the two others, the hinge pin broke and started working loose. In both cases, I noticed the problem at the end of a drill and replaced the part.

It's always good to have a backup!

• 1 month later...

Not trying to hijack this but it is related...has any tried the LPA/Champion adjustable sight? I have been thinking of that option but I haven't heard too much on it. I almost purchased a Hajo a few weeks ago and now I'm glad I didn't after reading this.

I'm wondering about the Champion/Kensight adjustable sight as well. Are all you guys breaking just the HAJO or this one as well?

http://czcustom.com/trtchampionlpacutts.aspx#reviews

My only experience with adjustable sights has been on two xdm 5.25's. While I have heard of the occasional breakage, most seemed pretty robust. This contrasts with the cz adjustable where it seems like 90% of users report breakage.

Edited by d_striker

As much as I've seen adjustables break (yes, I am a part of the broken HAJO club). I will only run fixed rears. Too much time and money go into what we do, epecially bigger matches, to run the risk of potentially having a sight break.

Fixed sights break too. Mine broke with about 6k rounds through the gun. Not clear on how it happened, but it snapped in half while I was practicing yesterday in the middle of a string. I don't shoot 3 gun, throw it in dump buckets, use the sight as a slide racker; in fact, I'm generally pretty nice to this gun.

IMG_0024.2015-05-25_233408_zpsvozryyqb.j

Fixed sights break too. Mine broke with about 6k rounds through the gun. Not clear on how it happened, but it snapped in half while I was practicing yesterday in the middle of a string. I don't shoot 3 gun, throw it in dump buckets, use the sight as a slide racker; in fact, I'm generally pretty nice to this gun.

Wow! I've seen front sights shear of from bring banged againsts ports, walls, etc. but I have never seen that. Now that sucks!

Wow! I've seen front sights shear of from bring banged againsts ports, walls, etc. but I have never seen that. Now that sucks!

I have never seen or heard of it either. Just got an email back from the manufacturer. He told me they were aware of the issue. They redesigned the sights after finding out about the issue, and he's sending me one of the new ones free of charge.

From CZC site

May require some minor fitting, please check there is a light gap under the sight blade after fitting.

If the rib is touching the underside of the sight it can put pressure on the sight blade and cause breakage.

It's not a CZC sight