Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bump fire?

lizz

I just saw it last weekend when my boss shot my sub 2lb triggered CZ TS. It was entertaining as hell for me to see the look on his face. He seemed a bit disconcerted by it and didn't seem to be able to get the gun to stop sounding like it had a three shot burst selector.

I did a trigger job on my newest 1911 a RIA. It has a heavy steel trigger and the lightweight plastic one hadn't showed up yet so I shot it at Tuesday Night Steel with the stock trigger. Well with the light match sear spring and STI hammer and dressing the sear so the hammer didn't cam it would double and triple (then it jammed). I installed the new trigger (STI plastic) and took it to the range and it's fine now. I believe that the inertia of the heavy trigger would trip the sear as the pistol rocked in recoil. The lightweight one is fine.

No its not. My problem was hammer follow which I got fixed with a new sear spring and disconnector. Someone told me that my full auto was probably a bump fire. I knew bump fire was not the problem I just wanted to see if bump fire really ever happens.

No its not. My problem was hammer follow which I got fixed with a new sear spring and disconnector. Someone told me that my full auto was probably a bump fire. I knew bump fire was not the problem I just wanted to see if bump fire really ever happens.

i thought maybe your splits just improved dramatically

• 2 weeks later...

I had it happen once with my AMT Longslide.

Mine went full auto. It was cool as hell, it was during a Pin practice. I had already shot about 500 rounds that night, then it happened.

Made sure the gun was safe put it in my bag and drove straight to the gunsmith and dropped it off.

Happened to me recently when I moved from a Glock 35 with a 3.5lb trigger and long reset to an STI Edge with a sub-3lb trigger with a teeny weeny reset - only happens when I'm hammering really close in targets (only ever sent out another shot - all in the alpha) - probably need to grip it a little more firmly and touch the overtravel screw a bit - I adjusted overtravel away completely...BA-BLAM! The .9 splits are nice though :-)

• 2 weeks later...