Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about buying a CZ SP01 Shadow Custom

lizz

I shoot production with an XDM. A friend thinks I would do better with this CZ because I slap the heck out of my XDM trigger. Thinks this CZ trigger pull more like my 1911. Does anyone have any perspective on this.

With the short reset in place, many people remark the single action release feels very much like their 1911.

The biggest change will be the DA to SA transition, but really not much of deal that 50rounds doesnt take care of.

I started out shooting an XDM 5.25. Great gun. But I moved on to CZ Accu Shadow. I just preferred the weight, the trigger, and overall feel of the gun. I personally like how the Shadow cycles better than any other gun.

But by no means was the XDM holding me back. I just prefer a heavier gun with a DA/SA trigger.

I was shooting a Glock 34 and a 9mm 1911. Bought a CZ Shadow with trigger work from CZCustom and all I cam say is shooting 1 platform has helped me become more competitive. Weight and trigger helps quite a bit. Shoot one and I believe you will be sold

I made the transition from my Glock (with a very nice trigger job) to a CZ and couldn't be happier (and I actually went overboard and bought 6 shadows). In my opinion the CZ and Tanfoglio guns and the best platforms for production, the weight of the gun help control the recoil while the single action trigger pull is almost unfair compared to a striker fired gun.

I recently made the switch from the 1911 platform to the CZ Shadow.

It may be blasphemous to say this, but I actually prefer (just slightly) the single action trigger on my Shadows over my 1911 triggers.

The only trick is getting used to the DA/SA thing. And all that takes is some practice - both live and dry fire.

I made the switch at the end of October. The first month or two were a little strange. But at this point, I don't even think about it any more.

I made the transition from my Glock (with a very nice trigger job) to a CZ and couldn't be happier (and I actually went overboard and bought 6 shadows). In my opinion the CZ and Tanfoglio guns and the best platforms for production, the weight of the gun help control the recoil while the single action trigger pull is almost unfair compared to a striker fired gun.

Are you saying it takes 6 CZs to equal one Glock? :ph34r:

Ditto to all of the above. I was looking for a better gun for Production (coming from a Glock 34) and shot a friends CZ75 SP-01 that had all the latest and greatest cool kid features from CZC and was hooked. My only delima was which a Shadow to get: the SP-01 or the non FLDC CZ-75. I ended up getting one of each and to be honest I like both. SP01 for USPSA, the non SP01 for IDPA and as a backup to the SP-01 for big matches.

Are you saying it takes 6 CZs to equal one Glock? :ph34r:

:roflol: no, they seem to be hard to come by so I would just snatch them up as I could find them

I'm the opposite. Started with a CZ 75 Shadow in Oct 2012, switched to G34, made master in SSP. Got humbled in USPSA Ltd by classifying in C class initially last March. Busted my ass to make B by August, switched to Cheely and busted my ass again. Just made A class during Florida Open and was humbled again. I can't stop touching my 2011 it's perfection :)

Edited by Stician

My experience mirrors Bob Vogel's: CZ, Tanfo, 2011,and the other heavy steel frame guns require less strength but more finesse than the polymers. Personally, the grip I can get on a glock completely mitigates the weight difference for recoil as well. I don't think there's much of an advantage other than personal fit between any of the top models. People that buy a gun then quickly move up classifications are probably just dry firing and practicing more because they are more interested in their new gun for a while.

Edited by Wesquire

I made the move from an XDm with a PRP trigger to an ACCU in late January and have nothing but good things to say. The added weight tames the recoil a lot and to me and seems to make it easier to shoot on the move. I put the 8.5# CGW hammerspring in the gun to make the DA even better. It took maybe a week of dry firing to get used to the DA trigger but it was a very easy transition.