Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 2011 Magazines

Metallurgist

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have cleaned this thread up and deleted posts that are argumentative and accusatory. Please confine your posts to the subject at hand or I will lock the thread.

Might have merged it with the other thread? I mean, they are pretty much identical since the legalize was removed.

I have cleaned this thread up and deleted posts that are argumentative and accusatory. Please confine your posts to the subject at hand or I will lock the thread.

Might have merged it with the other thread? I mean, they are pretty much identical since the legalese was removed.

Thanks Adam! :cheers:

Youngeyes,

I understand you moderating in the spirit of Enos, I get it. But now what is left behind has the uninformed wonder if MBX is in trouble or someone else? So, it is not so good have partial incomplete information that could be construed as negative towards some manufacture??? Would be best just to delete the whole thing and start over?

I am super interested and anticipating these new mags for Para P16s.

Just Saying.

Kind Regards,

Rhett

rhett45acp,

I couldn't agree more. I am also waiting with anticipation for the Para mags from MBX. I have corresponded with the folks at MBX and they are very knowledgable, helpful, and honest IMHO. This really has me wondering what is going on?

Youngeyes,

I understand you moderating in the spirit of Enos, I get it. But now what is left behind has the uninformed wonder if MBX is in trouble or someone else? So, it is not so good have partial incomplete information that could be construed as negative towards some manufacture???

Kind Regards,

Rhett

:(

Edited by Sarge

This is why the thread was edited.

As far as anyone but the parties involved knows, nothing is going on. So why don't we just leave it at that and keep the thread dedicated to the discussion of the magazines before it is deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youngeyes,

I understand you moderating in the spirit of Enos, I get it. But now what is left behind has the uninformed wonder if MBX is in trouble or someone else? So, it is not so good have partial incomplete information that could be construed as negative towards some manufacture???

Kind Regards,

Rhett

EXACTLY!

Cool your jets Kevin.

This is why the thread was edited.

As far as anyone but the parties involved knows, nothing is going on. So why don't we just leave it at that and keep the thread dedicated to the discussion of the magazines before it is deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check and Noted:

I just need mags. I was at the point of getting reading to cut one of my frames down by < 1MM to be able to runt he MecGar bodies. I have also picked up an RI 51738 model and it works very well with MecGar bodies and Dawson bases.

I really like my Paras (I like all steel guns) and I have been waiting forever for Mags. So this is a glimmer of Hope. I have four P16's so the base guns will last more than my old self. I have enough of the other Para exclusive parts to keep them running past my expiration date. The mags have been the super weak link.

I just was a little confused by this post and having Para tell me "this spring or this fall" on mags for well over two years was a bit much! MBX seems like they can hit a big home run if they can deliver.

Rhett

Check and Noted:

I just need mags. I was at the point of getting reading to cut one of my frames down by < 1MM to be able to runt he MecGar bodies. I have also picked up an RI 51738 model and it works very well with MecGar bodies and Dawson bases.

I really like my Paras (I like all steel guns) and I have been waiting forever for Mags. So this is a glimmer of Hope. I have four P16's so the base guns will last more than my old self. I have enough of the other Para exclusive parts to keep them running past my expiration date. The mags have been the super weak link.

I just was a little confused by this post and having Para tell me "this spring or this fall" on mags for well over two years was a bit much! MBX seems like they can hit a big home run if they can deliver.

Rhett

If the STI style magazines are any indication of the research and development of the Para mags, I think they will be top notch and quality. I don't remember exactly what the time frame of them is, but i think Adrian posted it earlier.

I ordered 4 of the 140mm 40s&W mags

first time getting them out was last night

-all 4 loaded 21 rounds

-1 had a little rattle, but not salt shaker, quick smack on the base pad it stopped

-pins all pushed out easy

-getting base pad off and the spring out of the way was tricky

-same with lining it back up to get base pad and spring back

-all rounds thumbed out very easy, I have not shot from these

would have liked to have seen the mag bodies polished out like a Brazo's mag, but Brazo's mags are also $20 more each and only 20 rounders reloadable

The base pad and pin set up will be something to see if I like, I have been running Brazo's mags with Dawson base pads for the last several years, so this is a change and we will see how they work out

Just picked a 170 and got 30 rounds of SC no problem with uplua loader. Got 24 in a 140 but It was pretty tight

Good deal! I haven't had the chance to run the 140 yet but even having 23 reloadable is an advantage. I always found it easier to reload with a short mag. Starting with 24 and reloading to a 30 is a nice thing also.

I ordered 4 of the 140mm 40s&W mags

first time getting them out was last night

-all 4 loaded 21 rounds

-1 had a little rattle, but not salt shaker, quick smack on the base pad it stopped

-pins all pushed out easy

-getting base pad off and the spring out of the way was tricky

-same with lining it back up to get base pad and spring back

-all rounds thumbed out very easy, I have not shot from these

would have liked to have seen the mag bodies polished out like a Brazo's mag, but Brazo's mags are also $20 more each and only 20 rounders reloadable

The base pad and pin set up will be something to see if I like, I have been running Brazo's mags with Dawson base pads for the last several years, so this is a change and we will see how they work out

I completely concur with your description ... I had some rattle in the mag but they functioned well Edited by Metallurgist

So far I see more comments from open shooters on these mags. What about 140's in .40?

The website lists capacity for these at 20-21

I'm assuming that's 20 reloaable and 21 plus one in the pipe to start, just too tight to reliably reload.

Anyone able to report on this?

Just ran about 350 rounds of 38super through a couple of 140's and a 170. No issues at all. All mags ran perfect

Very nice.

Did you run any SC yet?

Ya only had a handful of them. All fed as well Edited by calvinc78