Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mbx magazines

fitz

No, MBX is not following through after the sale. Also for what you are paying might was well order 4 Brazos 170s for a cheaper price. The mags are not tuned when you get them. Each tube I got had different measurements on them and the outside was not polished. The 3d printed follower will scratch easily if you do not take care when loading. Also you need to watch your spring, it will turn vertical and jam up the works, you will notice this by looking in the sight hole or on the gap between the base and the tube.

That is disheartening.

So you contacted them and explained your situation and they made no attempt to make it right?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My MBX mags crapped out at A6 this weekend. Salt shakers. The were being universally cussed all around the range. Many were also commenting on the compile lack of response from MBX. I went back to my SVs after the third stage when the went shaker.

I think it is pretty simple. The tubes and base pads are legit. The followers are questionable and the springs are junk. I am gonna put grams guts in mine and use them for practice mags.

My MBX mags crapped out at A6 this weekend. Salt shakers. The were being universally cussed all around the range. Many were also commenting on the compile lack of response from MBX. I went back to my SVs after the third stage when the went shaker.

I think it is pretty simple. The tubes and base pads are legit. The followers are questionable and the springs are junk. I am gonna put grams guts in mine and use them for practice mags.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had no problems at all with mine. 2 170's used with both 38sc and 9mm. 30+1 each time and no failures at all yet. Have cycled about 2k total through the two mags.

I have had no problems at all with mine. 2 170's used with both 38sc and 9mm. 30+1 each time and no failures at all yet. Have cycled about 2k total through the two mags.

You are one of the lucky few. I'm trying a new spring/follower so we'll see how this goes.

30 plus 1 ???

Yes, I was able to get 30 in mine the first time I used it.

How about with different spring/follower? I can get 30 + 1 on the MBX spring & follower, but it's not 100% reliable for me.

MBX will come out with a new springs soon. Made by Wolff. I've been using their 170 and running them 30+1 and worked flawlessly. Well designed and drops smoothly even without a round in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getting & using are two different things. Do they hold 30 & work after 10-30 times?

True...they were working fine for a while then all of a sudden, went down hard. So far working with 30 but the spring is still new, we'll see...

A friend just ordered a couple MBX mags with her new open gun and they came with a different follower than mine had (Ordered the day they came available). He had mentioned something to me in an email about experimenting with their Para style follower in the STI mags, so they may be what they are using now.

MBX will come out with a new springs soon. Made by Wolff. I've been using their 170 and running them 30+1 and worked flawlessly. Well designed and drops smoothly even without a round in it.

They have already sent some of those spring to some of their dealers from what I was told this am. Thanks...

Does anyone know why MBX contact info is no longer at the website??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by a matt

Hi I have a 170 in these do i need a spacer to change followers to grams for 9 major ? Ah what do i need to buy ?

If you get a Grams follower that is made for 9mm (FKS9), then yes, a spacer is needed. If you get the 38Super (FKS) follower, then you don't need it. It would be better to get the 38Super follower for these types of tubes.

Word of caution, since the basepads slide on instead of straight up from the bottom, the spacer will move and may cause some issues. There are some posts on here about some using two-sided tape to keep it in place but do not make it permanent.