Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mbx magazines

fitz

Adrian, thanks for that info! Looking forward to the videos on checking mag height, feed ramp, etc.

Also, an Uplula really helps getting that last round or two in big sticks or tight mags. That's what I got my daughter so she can load my mags :)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, were the silver Basepads ever available or just red and black from the beginning? I got dumped by your ordering system and when you notified me of the problem, only red and black were available as options. Just wondering, as I'd prefer the silver because they show less wear when repeatedly dropped. Any help or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and hoping they turn out to be as good as they look.

Cheers

When I checked the website yesterday, it appeared only red and black basepads were available (only options presented), if that helps. The two pre-production mags I saw at my gunsmith's shop in Brownsville, OR had a red and a black basepad and that was a little over a month ago in late December.

Just shot a match sunday with 2 fresh out of the package 170mm 9s (The first time I put them in the gun was load and make ready). They ran flawless in both of my open guns (STI GM and LimCat Razorcat). 2nd place overall finish. I was able to load 30 in the mags with just my fingers. 30 +1 to start is awesome.

...I will continue to work at producing the best products under the MBX line we will be adding a lot of different lines such as Para / new Armscorp , Caspian and EAA /tankfollo Hopefully all will be available during the middle to end of 2015...

Very cool. When you come out with good out of the box 38/9mm and 40 mags for the Caspian that will be a happy day for the Caspian folks. :cheers:

I've been modifying the new style 38 super caspian mags, and they work well after modification and I really like the quick change base pad design..but out of the box they are not reliable.

As you probably already know, the new Caspian mags fit fine in the large frame Tanfo, but the Tanfo Mags won't work in the Caspian without modification.

I use new style caspian 170mm mags in the tanfo just fine. The 140's would work in the Tanfo but the Caspian quick change base pads hit the mag well before the mag is fully seated.

BTW - that is a great idea cutting away the back of the mag to observe the stacking. I've done some CAD work trying to figure out the geometry and follower interplay during feeding but in reality that is much better. I may do that to a caspian mag just to check it out.

Anyway, I'll be saving my pennies for their release, and if you need a tester I have a couple Caspians I use as my main open guns and a tanfo 38 super large frame open gun I tinker with on the side.

Edited by Bamboo

Thanks to the forum member that filled in for me you where correct , The mags will all fit the gauge 141mm and 171 mm also we are finishing up the short 126 mm tubes in 9 mm/.38 and .40 cal they will be set up to use the MBX standard base pad but also we have a box rule base pad designed

Thanks to the forum member that filled in for me you where correct , The mags will all fit the gauge 141mm and 171 mm also we are finishing up the short 126 mm tubes in 9 mm/.38 and .40 cal they will be set up to use the MBX standard base pad but also we have a box rule base pad designed

Will there be any IPSC legal magazines?

The MBX 126mm mags will be able to take the standed MBX base pad for people who are not concerned about the box rule and they hold 1 more round as compaired to the angled box rule IPSC base pad

So to answer a posted question we will have a special IPSC box rule base pad it has been designed to fit the ipsic box around a factory stock STI edge wth No modifications to the factory gun or sights ( cutting/ changing sights ) Adrian MBX

At the range right now and am able to get 30 9mm rounds in my 170mm MBX magazine. It is reloadable and reliable. 30+1 to start is awesome for 9mm. Using an STI frame and polymer grip. I had to use a mag loader to get the 30th round in there and compact the rounds just like in Adrian's instructional video.

Careful jamming these stuffed mags into your polymer grips until a little more data is accumulated. Great way to crack a grip by proving you can get x amount of rounds in a mag.

EXCELENT !!!

My MBX mags have been used for the last year in 2 open guns and 2 limited guns, all with polymer grips. The mags aren't that tight with 30. I wouldn't worry for a second.

The MBX STI mags have been available for a year ???

So far, so good. I loaded up 30 and the last one was tough! Once the spring sets, it will be much easier. I only got to shoot three mags full and it was flawless. I'll be shooting it in a match this weekend, we'll see how it does. You all know the deal, if it's going to fail, it will be at a match! :)