Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STI's answer to my FFL's inquiry was literally "I don't know when they will ship."

The person your dealer talked to should have told them that orders place last Thursday should be delivered around the November time frame.

With that in mind - that should theoretically mean - those who ordered at Shot Show should get theirs in April - Those who ordered in Feb would be around should be around August - Those in March November -

Sounds like a long wait.

Sounding more and more time to look for something else..... Uggghhh.....

That sounds like almost custom wait times.

If you think about it, the DVC is a custom off the shelf pistol. Trigger job, slide lightening, mag well TiN barrel. What factory pistol offers that type of customization off the bat at that price point?

"Custom off the shelf" is an oxymoron. His point is you're looking at custom gun wait time for an off-the-shelf pistol. It may be fancy, but it's not custom.

Yeah - as an early-February order (so I'm looking at August timeframe) I'd probably have looked at an actual custom if I'd known it'd take that long. I expected a wait but I was thinking mid-to late April. Oh well. I've put down my deposit so I'm locked into it at this point. I'm sure the gun will be nice when it gets here.

"Custom off the shelf" is an oxymoron. His point is you're looking at custom gun wait time for an off-the-shelf pistol. It may be fancy, but it's not custom.

ok so its not custom. It's factory built. Wait times are as long as custom. Who cares. It will come when it ships out. It is what it is.

Lol at the folks thinking they can get a full custom build in 3-6 months!

I have already talked to a few and they confirmed once they have the parts - Two week build time.

Then I stumbled on the DVC and ordered it. If the wait is to long I will prob be cancel it and I will go with some of the others and not miss the whole season because of waiting on a seemingly popular off the self gun.

However, I am sure either choice I will receive a very solid gun. STI to me just loses major points by not being able to produce a product. Though I am very happy they have so many orders and wish them continued success.

I was told in April - So I will not bust their chops until then.

I have already talked to a few and they confirmed once they have the parts - Two week build time.

Then I stumbled on the DVC and ordered it. If the wait is to long I will prob be cancel it and I will go with some of the others and not miss the whole season because of waiting on a seemingly popular off the self gun.

However, I am sure either choice I will receive a very solid gun. STI to me just loses major points by not being able to produce a product. Though I am very happy they have so many orders and wish them continued success.

I know DP had the pre-order on their website during SHOT and it said 45 of each, that being said, I'll be patient. If not, then the STI Apiero might be my go to so I don't miss the rest of the season.

I know DP had the pre-order on their website during SHOT and it said 45 of each, that being said, I'll be patient. If not, then the STI Apiero might be my go to so I don't miss the rest of the season.
Thats if you can get an Apeiro.

I have a lead on one for $2300 if anyone had the choice, which one would you go with? DVC or Apiero? Edited by audani77

Must have never heard of Gary Natale. I use to laugh at the folks waiting that long.

Never waited more than a couple weeks, ever. Too bad he retired.

Oh I heard of him, but he was an exception to norm.

Also, didn't Gary require you to supply all the parts? Not to say that is a bad thing, but it was something that I recall.

I am just being a realist.

Maybe two weeks to to do all the fitment work, but I call BS if they have to prep it for finish and send it off for HG or PVD/DLC. That in itself can be time consuming.

Must have never heard of Gary Natale. I use to laugh at the folks waiting that long.

Never waited more than a couple weeks, ever. Too bad he retired.

I believe he came out of retirement again. If I had the money for another build, it would probably be going to him

I have a lead on one for $2300 if anyone had the choice, which one would you go with? DVC or Apiero?

This depends on how bad you need a gun. I have shot the Apiero and it is a nice, but it isn't finished to the level of the DVC. The trigger is a traditional setup and some of the parts may require replacement to achieve your desired trigger pull. The grip will need to be textured/grip-taped. You may or may not need to have additional weight removed to create desired recoil characteristics (This may be difficult as a result of the island barrel). With that being said, the gun is very capable and if it comes down to getting an Apeiro or waiting an indefinite amount of time for a DVC, I would get the Apeiro. If you aren't in a hurry, I think the DVC is a better bang for the buck.

Edited by WYgunner

I have a lead on one for $2300 if anyone had the choice, which one would you go with? DVC or Apiero?

This depends on how bad you need a gun. I have shot the Apiero and it is a nice, but it isn't finished to the level of the DVC. The trigger is a traditional setup and some of the parts may require replacement to achieve your desired trigger pull. The grip will need to be textured/grip-taped. You may or may not need to have additional weight removed to create desired recoil characteristics (This may be difficult as a result of the island barrel). With that being said, the gun is very capable and if it comes down to getting an Apeiro or waiting an indefinite amount of time for a DVC, I would get the Apeiro. If you aren't in a hurry, I think the DVC is a better bang for the buck.

I think I am just going to wait for the DVC, one of my buddies got the chance to shoot a 40 Limited and he said it felt like shooting a light 9mm. So I think the wait will be worth it.

Maybe two weeks to to do all the fitment work, but I call BS if they have to prep it for finish and send it off for HG or PVD/DLC. That in itself can be time consuming.

I think Jeff Abernathy may have something to say about your BS call - Build was HC and Two weeks.

I think Jeff Abernathy might have something to say about your BS call. Build was HC and two weeks.

I spoke to someone at STI yesterday and she said DVC orders started shipping this week. Dustin can you confirm this?

A customer of ours said he was told the same thing when he called Monday around 4PM. My STI sales rep told me last night that they have not started shipping. Not sure who is right.