Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

So maybe we can help each other find out where we are in regards to when we'll receive our new guns. For folks who ordered the DVC Limited gun when did you order and where did you order from and where are you on their list of orders?

February 9th

DVC Limited 40

Dawson Precision

No idea where I am on the list

January 30th

DVC Limited 40

Dawson Precision

Also no idea where I am on the list

Ordered January 22nd (I was told that they pre-ordered two of each gun on 2/14 before SHOT, and I got one of those)

DVC Limited 40

Dawson Precision

I have been told I am 1st on Dawson's list for the DVC Limited 40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STI's answer to my FFL's inquiry was literally "I don't know when they will ship."

Well that's not great news but nothing we can do about it but wait patiently...extremely hard for me and I'm sure everyone else.

Dustin, who probably knows way more than whomever answers the receptionist phone at STI, says end of March so that's probably reasonable info. The DVC's aren't radically different than the Edge's and Trubors they've been cranking out for years, but different enough in manufacturing and materials that some delay isn't totally unexpected. I'm hopeful the extra time they're taking is being used to thoroughly test and fix any issues before they get sent out, vs shipping out what they have and expecting their customers to bear the brunt of that (eg the software world). They should have factored these things into their delivery ETA, but sure Shot Show and bad weather everywhere interfered a little. All that said, I'm anxious to get my paws on one!

The weather may have factored in, I do agree that they need to do the testing they need to ship a quality product. I don't want to get one with issues. Especially dropping that kind of coin.

this reminds me a gun I was waiting on 6 months to build. I was told it was going to finish 3 times. - Finally got it at the year mark. Disappointing. My personal thought are if you bring it to the shot show and have not done all your testing then shame on you. Just my opion. However, I have a few STI's and have never been let down yet. When I ordered mine Dawson said it would be around the 60 day mark ( April ) so I will not bug them until then. Though like everyone else it is killing me. This will be my first open gun. I am dying to go to the dark side.

this reminds me a gun I was waiting on 6 months to build. I was told it was going to finish 3 times. - Finally got it at the year mark. Disappointing. My personal thought are if you bring it to the shot show and have not done all your testing then shame on you. Just my opion. However, I have a few STI's and have never been let down yet. When I ordered mine Dawson said it would be around the 60 day mark ( April ) so I will not bug them until then. Though like everyone else it is killing me. This will be my first open gun. I am dying to go to the dark side.

Yep I feel your pain. I ordered my holster and mags for it already.

There is no testing issues or quality issues. There is way more orders than planned. We have already sold 3 times more in 2 months than we planned for the year. We have begun shipping DVC'S to our shooting teams. We apologize for the delay and will get them to you as fast as we can without sacrificing quality.

STI's answer to my FFL's inquiry was literally "I don't know when they will ship."

The person your dealer talked to should have told them that orders place last Thursday should be delivered around the November time frame.

There is no testing issues or quality issues. There is way more orders than planned. We have already sold 3 times more in 2 months than we planned for the year. We have begun shipping DVC'S to our shooting teams. We apologize for the delay and will get them to you as fast as we can without sacrificing quality.

I'm glad that you guys are shipping to the shooting teams. That means we should be getting ours soon for those that placed an order in January.

The person your dealer talked to should have told them that orders place last Thursday should be delivered around the November time frame.

My order was placed at SHOT, what's the delivery time frame for that period?

I have shared what I know about shipping times. The first orders placed will start being filled this month.

We began taking order before SHOT show. We also have international customers. That place orders at the show. I wish I could give you a better answer.

I have shared what I know about shipping times. The first orders placed will start being filled this month.

We began taking order before SHOT show. We also have international customers. That place orders at the show. I wish I could give you a better answer.