Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed my 9mm limited order with Brazos on 1/25. Then they were estimating a late feb/march delivery. I actually called to see if the $400 deposit was refundable and they said no!

While I dont have any regrets at this point in time. If these pistols dont show up for several more months I will be very disapointed.

I placed my 9mm limited order with Brazos on 1/25. Then they were estimating a late feb/march delivery. I actually called to see if the $400 deposit was refundable and they said no!

While I dont have any regrets at this point in time. If these pistols dont show up for several more months I will be very disapointed.

I bet your credit card company will say otherwise.Vender failed to produce what they promised

Edited by blue edge

Did they give you an updated guesstimation on delivery date?

I bet your credit card company will say otherwise.Vender failed to produce what they promised

You are probably correct, especially if he has documentation to prove when the pistol was promised to be delivered.

But in any case, their own TOS (terms of service) shown on their website site specifically states, "For STI gun orders, there will be a $100 cancellation fee plus any expenses incurred by us (i.e., credit card fees, shipping, etc.)".

So, based on their own TOS, the OP should be able to get a partial refund. To do otherwise, is kinda crappy!

You are probably correct, especially if he has documentation to prove when the pistol was promised to be delivered.

But in any case, their own TOS (terms of service) shown on their website site specifically states, "For STI gun orders, there will be a $100 cancellation fee plus any expenses incurred by us (i.e., credit card fees, shipping, etc.)".

So, based on their own TOS, the OP should be able to get a partial refund. To do otherwise, is kinda crappy!

** I just want to make sure that people know I not bashing or complaining about Brazos. This will be my second pistol to purchase from them and they have always been nice to me.

I understand that things dont always go to plan, but if a couple weeks late turns into a few months late then the people who paid ahead of time are missing out.

Lol at the folks thinking they can get a full custom build in 3-6 months!

I have already talked to a few and they confirmed once they have the parts - Two week build time.

Then I stumbled on the DVC and ordered it. If the wait is to long I will prob be cancel it and I will go with some of the others and not miss the whole season because of waiting on a seemingly popular off the self gun.

However, I am sure either choice I will receive a very solid gun. STI to me just loses major points by not being able to produce a product. Though I am very happy they have so many orders and wish them continued success.

I was told in April - So I will not bust their chops until then.

I know DP had the pre-order on their website during SHOT and it said 45 of each, that being said, I'll be patient. If not, then the STI Apiero might be my go to so I don't miss the rest of the season.
Thats if you can get an Apeiro.

Thanks for the advise. I got one and personall love it. Hopefully you guys will get you DVC sooner rather then later. Good Luck.

Dustin,

When your team set the prices for Europe, please give us a break! We are forever getting stuffed by our distributor, it would be great to offer the guns at a fair price for what is a pretty depressed market at the moment. Normally we pay in Euros what Americans pay in $$$$. Now the Euro has tanked i fear they will put the price up to a crazy level..Spread the STI love to Europe please.

Thats why I ordered from Dawson Precision, 0 deposit. However I'm not going to be happy either thst it will take till Sept or October when they said initial delivery ending of march beginning of April.

I spoke to dawson last week and they are guessing April/May - Even when ordered mine they said March/April - They said I was the first on the list for a 9mm Open Gun. I really think all the dealers are guessing now since no one really has a definitive answer when STI will ship them.

Seems STI is not sharing anything about shipping either - not even projected.

I spoke to dawson last week and they are guessing April/May - Even when ordered mine they said March/April - They said I was the first on the list for a 9mm Open Gun. I really think all the dealers are guessing now since no one really has a definitive answer when STI will ship them.

Why would STI not just confirm ship times with the dealers? I mean it shouldn't be a big secret. Dawson and Brazos should be the first retailers to get there shipments. Edited by audani77

Told today that the first Australian shipment is expected here in July. That would be after a few weeks on a ship. We will then have about a months wait to clear customs so around August delivery.

I don't know where we internationals rank in the allocations but the timing suggests ours will be ready to ship mid to late June.

Why would STI not just confirm ship times with the dealers? I

Maybe because you guys are already getting pissed and talking about CC charge backs because imagined or guessed at dates are or might be missed.......maybe

Why would STI not just confirm ship times with the dealers? I

Maybe because you guys are already getting pissed and talking about CC charge backs because imagined or guessed at dates are or might be missed.......maybe

People are getting pissed I guess because there is no definitive time line when the first batch is coming out. I mean when you here around ending of March first week of April and then dealers are saying Sept/Oct time frame when the approximate timeline was 8 weeks from SHOT. Yeah people are getting anxious. If their was only going to be 500 made, stop it at 500 and stop taking more orders. Most companies would have just stopped and wait and once the first 500 went out, would have opened up the orders once more.

i have a question for those that ordered one. Did you have to put down a deposit and is the deposit refundable? were you told when you ordered when your gun would come in? how long are you willing to wait for a DVC ?

I put a deposit on an Open at Brazos with a November ETA, partial refund according to terms & conditions. They are trying to discourage people from queuing up on every site and taking the first one. Maybe there really are only 500 orders and people are on all 3 waiting lists.

I live in New Jersey so my handgun permits will take at least that long to process !! The magazines have to get shipped to MN to be "permanently altered" , so it will be NIB until 2016. Ouch !

I had the opportunity to examine and handle an open DVC gun this weekend.

The workmanship and fitting of the slide/frame/barrel was good, and the gun felt well balanced in the hand. Trigger was good and probably around 2 pounds. Definitely a sharp looking gun. If the gun I handled represents the quality and feel of the guns being shipped I don't think there will be many folks disappointed. For an off the shelf gun it is very well done.

BTW - I don't shoot a modular open gun, so have no dog in this fight. Just passing on that I think the wait will be worth it for those who are awaiting their arrival. :cheers:

The firearms industry is different than most and most shooters don't realize that with dealing with different vendors, platers, etc on small delay could delay a small batch of guns 4-6 weeks easy. Now if there is more than one delay or a key employee gets sick or has a family emergency time just builds. STI is not a huge company and doesn't do huge volume. I would be surprised to see more than a few guns thickle out before mid summer. It's just the way the firearms industry is. It's not like driving to Wal-mart and buying something off the shelf.

I don't get all the angst here. It's a new product - delays happen. It looks like some folks here wouldn't be happy unless they got the production for every gun scheduled to be produced. And then they'd whine when a ship date was missed or production got back logged. I think STIs done a great job of communicating here, and I think it's a bit much to expect a manufacturer to update a community on the cause and impact of every delay that comes up in bringing a new product to market.

Want to see a botched rollout, look at the Walther CCP.