Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

Does anyone know if the limited gun comes with the Dawson posi lock mag release? and if so, is it the drilled and tapped version?

i have looked at a few STI guns and they sure look like the STI marked one are posi lock from the factory. Seiing how close they are to Dawson, i would not be surprised if they are made by them.

Maybe Dustint21 can help out with this question. It would make sense if they added that along with the tooless guide rod. What I can't figure out is why STI hasn't updated their website to include these new models.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the limited gun comes with the Dawson posi lock mag release? and if so, is it the drilled and tapped version?

i have looked at a few STI guns and they sure look like the STI marked one are posi lock from the factory. Seiing how close they are to Dawson, i would not be surprised if they are made by them.

Maybe Dustint21 can help out with this question. It would make sense if they added that along with the tooless guide rod. What I can't figure out is why STI hasn't updated their website to include these new models.

If you want all that stuff call dawson and get the gun than ask them to add there CRP package to the gun, I really doubt STI is going to add these parts to there factory guns. Dawson however sells sti guns in which they add this stuff including there magwell too.

Edited by Iceman2733

If you want all that stuff call dawson and get the gun than ask them to add there CRP package to the gun, I really doubt STI is going to add these parts to there factory guns. Dawson however sells sti guns in which they add this stuff including there magwell too.

All that stuff??? Or you mean one thing? Thanks. I already have a CRP edge and know what comes with them. and STI is already adding the tooless guide rod from the factory so it wouldn't be such a stretch for them to add the posi lock mag catch. Edited by jargon51

If I pre-order one do they want a deposit or the full amount? And does anybody have a firm release date yet? (

Brazos asked for $400 for a deposit. Still no firm date that I've see - I'm expecting a wait somewhere between in stock and an all out custom build I guess.

All that stuff??? Or you mean one thing? Thanks. I already have a CRP edge and know what comes with them. and STI is already adding the tooless guide rod from the factory so it wouldn't be such a stretch for them to add the posi lock mag catch.

We use the STI mag release. Only Dawson part is the TG.

Thanks

Dustin

DVC mag release - will they just have the drilled and tapped mag catch, or will they also have the oversized paddle / button 54-0000-00?

Above seems to say the STI paddle/button, but all the pics I've seen just show it drilled and tapped with no paddle / button.

For those of us that ordered the new DVC limited gun, besides getting it and shooting it what modifications will you be making?

I will be adding an agressive textured PT grip that I ordered for my Edge and adding an SVI medium flat trigger. Probably new recoil spring as well.

Anyone else planning anything?

For those of us that ordered the new DVC limited gun, besides getting it and shooting it what modifications will you be making?

I will be adding an agressive textured PT grip that I ordered for my Edge and adding an SVI medium flat trigger. Probably new recoil spring as well.

I'll be putting in a short trigger (probably STI - though I may look at an SVI trigger system). I'll also be putting on an extended mag release - probably the CR Speed one here if its in stock by then:

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-RHT-Snake-Skin-Mag-Release-Button-P1666.aspx

(If you can't tell by those mods I have small hands). Other than that I don't think I'll be making any other immediate changes.

I'll be putting in a short trigger (probably STI - though I may look at an SVI trigger system). I'll also be putting on an extended mag release - probably the CR Speed one here if its in stock by then:

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CR-Speed-RHT-Snake-Skin-Mag-Release-Button-P1666.aspx

(If you can't tell by those mods I have small hands). Other than that I don't think I'll be making any other immediate changes.

Nice, there's not many changes that need to be made from the looks of it but that PT grip is already ordered and the SVI trigger will drop right in. Only thing I have to to now is sell my Edge.

After handling it I honestly would wait before planning any mods. It looks like they really did their homework with this one. Aside from trigger length I would run it as is and see.

That's great to know but the PT grip is already ordered and I don't know how that wouldn't be an upgrade

Man I hope they start shipping soon.