Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JJFU Damascus 1911

515CUSTOMS

whoops, just realized the JJ was for Jesse James. Nevermind.

I'm curious why you said that... While his guns are not really my style, Jesse James is a fantastic example of the american entrepreneur, and more importantly an american craftsman. He built multiple companies from the ground up, and a lot can be learned from him, He's a fantastic business person.

At the end of the Day the guns he makes, he hand stamps a little JJ with a hammer somewhere on the frame just so you know he actually built it. And he does beautiful work to restore old WWII 1911's. Take a look at some of his instagram pictures. Each gun is hand built to exact specifications for each customer. He has even been learning from some of the best like Jim Garthwaite.

E3ABCB40-826C-4F5B-A778-618C1612F752_zps

DA589948-0E34-4EED-8561-B2B18E28D3F9_zps

536A4810-68EC-453D-8898-B2CCE87C88AD_zps

ABAD388A-9B93-4C1F-952C-6D5C2F9C9AE7_zps

I threw up in my mouth a little bit, looks like something that would be sold with a "kuztum chopper bike".

But I wouldn't mind seeing some of the WWII pistol restorations, couldn't find any details on that from a quick glance at the website.

i don't dislike his work, and if he's a douche in real life I could care less. What I've seen is his name on something makes it cost more to me than it is worth. I get it, and people are happy to pay for brands. But I drive a Toyota and not Lexus mostly because that's my style.

I would assume he has some very experienced smith helping him. Just because you know how to run CNC equipment, doesn't necessarily mean you can build a gun that runs. Oddly, this is the first time I've even heard he's building guns. When did he start?

I would assume he has some very experienced smith helping him. Just because you know how to run CNC equipment, doesn't necessarily mean you can build a gun that runs. Oddly, this is the first time I've even heard he's building guns. When did he start?

He's been building guns for the last 5 years or so. Jesse is a very talented machinist and welder, probably the most naturally talented welder I've seen. He has no problem looking for the best, most talented people in their trade to learn from.

He's been building guns for the last 5 years or so. Jesse is a very talented machinist and welder, probably the most naturally talented welder I've seen. He has no problem looking for the best, most talented people in their trade to learn from.

This^ Exactly why I'm curious the hate.

I get not liking a guys personal life/decisions etc. But he is building one off Damascus guns by hand (anyone who knows the work involved gets it)... I kinda thought guys on here would appreciate that more than others, guess not... Which is fine

At the end of the day the those of us that weld/machine and understand the talent and skill involved to do so will appreciate the art that is building things by hand more than others concerned with a brand or a name. Had this been made by Cheely, Dettelhouser, or Akai everyone on here would be praising it. Now please don't get you panties in a bunch, I AM NOT comparing JJ to the likes or Rich or Shay... I'm just surprised the flack given due to a persons past or a perception of their character or style.

i don't dislike his work, and if he's a douche in real life I could care less. What I've seen is his name on something makes it cost more to me than it is worth. I get it, and people are happy to pay for brands. But I drive a Toyota and not Lexus mostly because that's my style.

Funny cause he sold this gun to a guy for cost (around $2K) and he was offered $35K for it by a guy with more money than sense and turned it down so he could give the customer what they wanted at the agreed upon price. I know this because I know the person who purchased said gun.

He did not get into this business to turn a profit... he did it to build things that he loves and is passionate about (As an entrepreneur and someone who appreciates craftsmanship, this is kinda the dream)

I'm curious the hate.

Gaudy and the over done marketing hype. The builds don't seem well thought out either.

Reminds me of the show, Pimp My Ride. Throwing a bunch of junk on it and adding a flamboyant paint job.

Everyone has their own opinions though.

Edited by TDH

if you look around he's got lots of new videos of him learning how to do blacksmithing work and learning how to build guns. I agree that the gun might not be for everybody honestly I think it needs different grips and a mag well to tie it all together as a full-blown race gun

It's pretty flashy and not my thing, but I have a decent idea of what goes into Damascus steel so I'm in the minority of people on here. I can appreciate some craftsmanship and artwork even though I would never buy such a thing.