Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Expansion Industries ETR7 Overstock Sale $15 per pound..

hcf1976

15.00 dollars per pound and 16.50 per pound for hazmat....where I went to school that equals 31.50 per pound

Not interested......I'm getting it in my home town for 25-27 per pound out the door and its my tried a true ol trusty powder

I'm willing to give these guys a try but they need to bring the price down to the normal level as every other powder manufacturer

It's a good price for sure. The hazmat fee should be the same $28.50 whether you buy 1 pound or 10 (up to their limit, whatever that is). That's why buying powder online becomes much more reasonable if you're willing to buy in larger quantities.

15.00 dollars per pound and 16.50 per pound for hazmat....where I went to school that equals 31.50 per pound

Not interested......I'm getting it in my home town for 25-27 per pound out the door and its my tried a true ol trusty powder

I'm willing to give these guys a try but they need to bring the price down to the normal level as every other powder manufacturer

If you're only buying one pound at a time, I agree. If you can order a few more or get a couple of buds together for a larger group purchase, its a good price and a lot cheaper than $25-27 per lb.

I have bought 8 pounds recently. It's good powder and works very well in the 9mm with plated and jacketed bullets. Can someone point me where I can buy other pistol powder for $15/pound online? Hazmat is another issue and I had zero issue paying the $28 bucks for the 8 pounds. that's 18.5 per pound to the door. Not too shabby. Lucas is easy to deal with.

I plan to order another 32 pounds to split with another shooter.

Use at your own Risk. Out of my SA 1911 9mm 4.4grs ~130 PF with Berry's 124 FP plated CCI Primers. Seems clean and works. Sure beats the heck out of an empty bottle of Silhouette, which gets me nowhere!

RT

I'm skeptical that velocity is not listed with loading data. You cant tell if its on the fast or slow of the spectrum. Ill spend the extra few bucks on a knows quantity unless they want to tell me its surplus XXX or similar to YYY. Their 9mm ammunition does not make minimum power factor. Their .40 is 170 PF. I suspect that's because the powder is on the fast side.

Edited by dauntedfuture

From posts around the net, it appears to be Maxam CSB-1. I guess his contract didn't let him sell it under that name. I'm also guessing it's non-canister grade, so make sure to reset your powder drop if you open a new container.

Hev's bullets did some workups with velocities:

http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/769637/Expansion_Industries_ETR7_from

Expansion industries is local to me and I've done business with them, but I am not affiliated with them and this is not any sort of official statement.

• 2 weeks later...

From posts around the net, it appears to be Maxam CSB-1. I guess his contract didn't let him sell it under that name. I'm also guessing it's non-canister grade, so make sure to reset your powder drop if you open a new container.Hev's bullets did some workups with velocities:http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/769637/Expansion_Industries_ETR7_fromExpansion industries is local to me and I've done business with them, but I am not affiliated with them and this is not any sort of official statement.

Their website states it's like tight group but not as hot if I remember correctly

I have bought 8 pounds recently. It's good powder and works very well in the 9mm with plated and jacketed bullets. Can someone point me where I can buy other pistol powder for $15/pound online? Hazmat is another issue and I had zero issue paying the $28 bucks for the 8 pounds. that's 18.5 per pound to the door. Not too shabby. Lucas is easy to deal with.

I plan to order another 32 pounds to split with another shooter.

Use at your own Risk. Out of my SA 1911 9mm 4.4grs ~130 PF with Berry's 124 FP plated CCI Primers. Seems clean and works. Sure beats the heck out of an empty bottle of Silhouette, which gets me nowhere!

RT

I just paid about $119 for 8lbs of Titegroup. With hazmat it came to just over $18 per pound. Was going to go with this but the Titegroup actually worked out to be cheaper and it's performance is known so I jumped on it. Gone now though. :(

Edited by Shadowrider

I have been experimenting with it a lot lately. I find that in all of my minor loads it is as soft as N320 and cleaner, meters like water, does not heat the gun up in long strings and no smoke. If there is a down side to it I certainly have not found it yet. I am working on major loads now and so far it's the cleanest powder I have ever used. I am testing for temperature stability today. If it passes I will be filling my cabinets with it.

Has it loaded in the range of titegroup for you? The Post above saying it's like csb-1 worries me because that is supposed to use universal load data which is quite a few steps down the burn chart.

Has it loaded in the range of titegroup for you? The Post above saying it's like csb-1 worries me because that is supposed to use universal load data which is quite a few steps down the burn chart.

I messed around with this a couple of days ago. It seemed to shoot fine. I used the Titegroup data for a 125 lead bullet. It shot a little softer than my HP-38 load and wasn't dirty. Here are the numbers that I'm sticking with at the moment. All data is collected from my CZ SP-01.

124 gr Bayou RN

4.0gr Expansion Industries ETR7

Rem SPP

C.O.L 1.150"

AVG-1038 FPS

ES-63

SD-16

Power Factor-128.712

Edited by nmbpman

I asked Lucas eye ball to eye ball if this was repackaged CSB-1 and told me it was not. I have read a lot of posts about different people using CSB-1 and not one I have seen says anything about how clean it is. This was the first thing I noticed about ETR7 and one of the more outstanding characteristics of it. They told me it was made to order and not a re-named or repackaged powder. From what I have seen it tracks TiteGroup very closely so I guess time will tell.

If you're only buying one pound at a time, I agree. If you can order a few more or get a couple of buds together for a larger group purchase, its a good price and a lot cheaper than $25-27 per lb.

Hazmat is one fee per 48lbs of powder.

I bought 8 lbs. This stuff is good. It's slower than titegroup... by just a little. No smoke... VERY CLEAN. I'm not loading hot... but found it easy to make PF with a .40 and no pressure signs. SD's in the single digits. I'm happy with it. ANd it meters very well in the DIllon PD's.

The first formulation of CSB-1 that came over was close to Tightgroup burn rate. The newest Formulation has smaller flakes, and a little slower burn rate, comparable to W 231......

DougC

Doug , are u saying ETR7 is CSB1??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I asked Lucas eye ball to eye ball if this was repackaged CSB-1 and told me it was not. I have read a lot of posts about different people using CSB-1 and not one I have seen says anything about how clean it is. This was the first thing I noticed about ETR7 and one of the more outstanding characteristics of it. They told me it was made to order and not a re-named or repackaged powder. From what I have seen it tracks TiteGroup very closely so I guess time will tell.

Confused now