Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Share you opinions and experiences on 9mm barrel for Glock 35?

midvalleyshooter

I like the KKM barrels but if you are looking for economy Lone Wolf Dist. I no longer have a Glock with a conversion barrel but I never had to change my sights when I had one using factory ammunition in both barrels.

I have a Glock 35 and I want to get a 9mm barrel. Which ones work best? Also how much does POI change with the barrel swap?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Go with the Lone Wolf, you save yourself $80 over the KKM and if there is an actual difference, I've never seen true proof. I honestly think they're made in the same place and stamped per brand... Pure speculation, but the packaging is identical... And usually that's the culprit when competing brands have the same custom packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have run one of the $160 drop-in KKM barrels with about 2k rounds through it and in a few matches as well,.. so far and not one issue. POI & POA are the same as my 180 minor .40 loads with 124's @ 130pf

Edited by Hallz

I have both KKM and LWD in a couple of Glock 35's. If you decide to go Lone Wolf tell Dan to do the "GT Hole" BEFORE they ship out the barrel. Once this is done to the LWD you will not have the "too tight chamber" problem. Both the KKM and the LWD work equally well in my guns and it would be hard to tell the difference in accuracy between the 2. The LWD has the cheesy looking logo on top of it if you don't pay the extra for blind marking which makes the economy of the LWD null and void. If don't mind the logo the LWD is cheaper and once reamed will work fine. The KKM works fine as is but costs more. You pays your money and takes your chance.

For the record, my local SMALL gun shop owner (2nd generation in gun business) hates the idea of a Glock caliber conversion. Presumably he dislikes the breach/extractor mis-match. But I could be talking out of school. I only mention because I asked about that when I ordered my G35 a week ago. Pick up date is the 22nd <anxious twitch>. I could have my nomenclature wrong, but I think you get the idea. Of course one could argue he wants to sell two guns ;-)

KKM has fewer problems than lone Wolf. Most people have no problems with lone wolf. I have both and to me the KKM is higher quality and performs better. But I have an aversion to the retarded looking wolf head, so it may be in my head..

I bought a police trade in G35 as a backup to my G34 (back when I shot a 34). I put in a Storm Lake replacement barrel and I had extraction problems. Changed out the ejector to a 9mm one and still had issues. Ended up changing out the the slide stop and that solved my issues. Now it runs 100%. The slide stop was the problem. As for the barrel, It's great. I use it now as a loaner gun to new shooters. They are impressed I loan them such a neat rig :) Little do they know how little it cost me to set the rig up. :)

I bought a police trade in G35 as a backup to my G34 (back when I shot a 34). I put in a Storm Lake replacement barrel and I had extraction problems. Changed out the ejector to a 9mm one and still had issues. Ended up changing out the the slide stop and that solved my issues. Now it runs 100%. The slide stop was the problem. As for the barrel, It's great. I use it now as a loaner gun to new shooters. They are impressed I loan them such a neat rig :) Little do they know how little it cost me to set the rig up. :)

How did the slidestop solve the problem in extraction? Arent the slidestops for 9 and .40 the same? Its a bit rare that the slidestop affects the extraction.

When you swap-in a conversion barrel with the G35 you will still have a 40S+W extractor and ejector.

Since the 9MM case has a smaller diameter the extractor catches a smaller piece of the case and some folks have complained of FTE's and advanced extractor wear. I never noticed this however, I only used the conversion barrel for a few thousand rounds.

The 40S+W ejector hits the 9MM case in a relatively different spot. In my experience, the 9MM case tends to fly more "up and over" the shooter than "out and to the right".

How did the slidestop solve the problem in extraction? Arent the slidestops for 9 and .40 the same? Its a bit rare that the slidestop affects the extraction.

It was a combination feed/extraction/lockback issue. I can only speculate but somehow my combo of parts wouldn't integrate to work. Swapped out parts until it worked. Fortunately, all inexpensive parts I mostly had on hand. My point being, if at first you have issues, it may be something simple, so persevere,it can be fixed :)

I have a Zev 35 and a Zev 24 both with KKM conversion barrels. The factory .40 ejection is unpredictable with the 9mm. For a couple more dollars you can change the extractor and extractor bearing to the 9mm ones. The shells fly to the right that way. It only takes a minute to change the parts. It also has a benefit as to add non reciprocating weight to the front of the gun to help with muzzle rise. In my opinion the KKM barrel is the only way to go accuracy wise they group tighter.

I have a Zev 35 and a Zev 24 both with KKM conversion barrels. The factory .40 ejection is unpredictable with the 9mm. For a couple more dollars you can change the extractor and extractor bearing to the 9mm ones. The shells fly to the right that way. It only takes a minute to change the parts. It also has a benefit as to add non reciprocating weight to the front of the gun to help with muzzle rise. In my opinion the KKM barrel is the only way to go accuracy wise they group tighter.

I don't have any experience with the Storm Lake or Lone Wolf Barrels but all of my KKM Barrels are deadn nuts accurate.

I have a few lone wolf barrels - never an issue, even with the 6 port G35 9mm conversion I used to use for open.

The newest barrel I got has the stupid wolf on the left side rather than the barrel hood so it's hidden by the slide. Shoots 2 1/2" at 25 yards easy and I'm not a very good shot...