Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to shoot a Texas Star

9x45

i lol'd ; of course thought it was true advices on '''how''' to shoot a TS efficiently , which i'd like to know the trick for ; i've exactly spent a full mag at it recently with one plate left still on the swing . i need to know haha!

nice star!!

Edited by sigsauerfan

i lol'd ; of course thought it was true advices on '''how''' to shoot a TS efficiently , which i'd like to know the trick for ; i've exactly spent a full mag at it recently with one plate left still on the swing . i need to know haha!

I sing the kids song when I shoot it. Head, shoulders, knees and toes.!

nice star!!

Two ways to do it,

top to bottom, left/right doesn't matter after the top one, but move quickly on 2nd/3rd left/right plates, after that it is trapped on the bottom.

spin it and ambush it. Hit a lower plate first to get it going, then as each plate goes by, pop em. Looks cooler, not as fast.

Ambush method is easier if you go top down. Shoot the top plate first. If it's right of center you then work your way down the right side, popping each plate when they stop momentarily. If the top is left of center, then you go down the left side. It's slower than head, arms, legs but less chancy.

Head, arms then legs with pistol. Won't hardly move at all. With shotgun, I shoot one of the bottom plates off to get it spinning fast, keep aimed at where the fallen plate was and keep pulling the trigger, matching your cadence to the speed of the plates, and dump all the plates in a nice little pile.