Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 "5th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like I say this every year but this was the best match yet. More rounds, more fun, more beer, more pizza and more friends. I can't wait until next year.

I got everything but the pizza.....I need to get more hardcore next year and integrate pizza into my stage plans.

Big thanks to Jay, Jomar, and Brian for all their hard work. Also a huge thanks to the rest of the staff and RO's who made the match enjoyable.

Match was a lot of fun with a good mix of speed and accuracy, short and long, straight forward and more complex stages. Forest Lake Sportsman's Club is a very nice facility and worked well for the match. Looking forward to shooting it again in 2016!

Our squad convinced Dan that burning a slug into the dash is a good idea. He's awesome and the idea was funny but the result was anticlimactic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTweRkGgPb8

After the match, the ROs found out it still ran and had some fun.

1397476_10205611485984760_86485935480935

11703344_10205611476064512_4324934700836

Why does this make me think of this?

http://youtu.be/u1j4mK6cs_A

Muckenhirn and Maxwell maybe?

Seems like I say this every year but this was the best match yet. More rounds, more fun, more beer, more pizza and more friends. I can't wait until next year.

I got everything but the pizza.....I need to get more hardcore next year and integrate pizza into my stage plans.

If you stick around long enough at the beer garden they will feed you to try and make you sleepy enough to leave. Huge thanks to the MN 3-Gun Group and Ron "Burgundy" Westberg for picking up the tab on the pies. Those pizzas are worth coming to Forest Lake for all by themselves.

This match tested more skills than most 3gun matches... And with only 1 gun! I love to shoot matches run by real shooters and this is that for sure. I am sure it will be in my top 5 of the year again in 2015.

Easily one of the finest matches I have ever been to, they even scheduled the rain for when most of us were already in the tent!

The best part is that it looks like I actually beat Patrick on one stage... maybe by the thinnest of margins and it apparently required a catastrophic number of penalties on his part to even get our scores close, but a win is a win...

https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=4290872C-B8FC-4CA9-817F-AA644EC73DCC&page=stage5Pump

Seriously though, Jomar, Brian, Jay, and all of the R.O.'s whose names escape me, thank you for putting on an amazing match.

...wait, there was pizza?

Edited by barrysuperhawk

This was once again a Fantastic Match. Well worth the 12 hour drive from Southwestern Ontario Canada for me, although, I think we will fly in next year.

Thanks to all hard work the RO's and workers put into this match you guys deserve a lot of credit for your efforts. Jay and Jomar, thanks for your time and effort for putting this all together, hope you guys do it all again next year, as I look forward trying to take another trophy North of the Border once again.

Also a big thank you to all the sponsors this year....what a prize table!

Great match, even though I couldn't complete all the stages. Well run with excellent staff and ROs. The stages were well designed and presented both physical and mental challenges. Although, I would have prefered to skip stage 12 :) Competitors, staff, ROs, and sponsors were incredibily supportive and made this match one of the best this year. Even with a last place finish, I still managed to snag an awesome Luth-AR MBA-1 pink stock from the prize table.

I will definitely be back next year.

After several years of hearing about this match, this was the year to finally make the trip to the Great North. I think the stages were a fantastic mix of speed and technical shooting, and a great variety of different stage "feels". Even the short back-to-back stages were really great designs.

And I have to agree with Denise that Squad 10 rocked. :) We certainly hope to do this match again!

If you stick around long enough at the beer garden they will feed you to try and make you sleepy enough to leave. Huge thanks to the MN 3-Gun Group and Ron "Burgundy" Westberg for picking up the tab on the pies. Those pizzas are worth coming to Forest Lake for all by themselves.

Pizza, I don't remember any Pizza. Shhh

I would like to thank Jomar, Jay, Brian ,Ron and Dawn. Great people and a great match. Also want to thank the sponsors and the ROs and staff. Squad 1 really fun to shoot with roadhouse !!!!! It is fun to see old friends and make new ones. Hope to see all next year thanks Kenny Nordstrom

Awesome match, awesome venue, awesome people, awesome stages, awesome RO's, awesome MD, awesome Stats crew, awesome RM, awesome scheduling and awesome prize table. Lots of awesome for a one gun match (and the best gun in my opinion).

If this match isn't on your 2016 calendar it should be. That's all there is to it.

I just wish they would bring back the stage where we got to hit a dummy with a stick before shooting circa the 2012 Nordic Shotgun Championship.

Edited by cold

Awesome match, awesome venue, awesome people, awesome stages, awesome RO's, awesome MD, awesome Stats crew, awesome RM, awesome scheduling and awesome prize table. Lots of awesome for a one gun match (and the best gun in my opinion).

If this match isn't on your 2016 calendar it should be. That's all there is to it.

I just wish they would bring back the stage where we got to hit a dummy with a stick before shooting circa the 2012 Nordic Shotgun Championship.

Why would you want to hit Brian with a stick??? (He's a dummy for volunteering to work so hard as rangemaster, get it??) Besides, I'm pretty sure Brian would hit back!!

:roflol: Seriously, thanks to Brian and everyone else. It was an Awesome match!

:wub:

I would like to thank Jomar, Jay, Brian ,Ron and Dawn. Great people and a great match. Also want to thank the sponsors and the ROs and staff. Squad 1 really fun to shoot with roadhouse !!!!! It is fun to see old friends and make new ones. Hope to see all next year thanks Kenny Nordstrom

Squad 1 - AWESOME

ROADHOUSE ! ! ! !

Edited by toothandnail

I had a great time shooting with squad 1. "Remember, vote for squad 1!" I guess we all thought we'd get an extra award or something. Lol

Thanks to all that put such a great match together! Your hard work definitely did not go unnoticed.

Brad

Jansen, we still have the dummy, will make it a point to bring him out of retirement.

Jansen, we still have the dummy, will make it a point to bring him out of retirement.

2016 stage "The Reunion". Start by exiting the shitter and whacking our beloved range master with a stick. Proceed through a 50' pallet tunnel. Upon exiting the tunnel shoot as many hand thrown charcoal briquettes as possible in the allotted par time. All while wearing a gas mask.

2016 stage "The Reunion". Start by exiting the shitter and whacking our beloved range master with a stick. Proceed through a 50' pallet tunnel. Upon exiting the tunnel shoot as many hand thrown charcoal briquettes as possible in the allotted par time. All while wearing a gas mask.

Lol! What no 50 yard shots at those 8lb pipes Jay promised we'd never have to shoot again.