Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 "5th Annual" Nordic Comp Tactical Shotgun Championship

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note about 00 Buckshot, I have several boxes of 1200 fps that will not run my Saiga, that I can bring to the match. (for sale) I am not putting these in the classifieds since I don't want to ship. They are for sale locally but if someone shooting this match needs them, I will save them and bring them to Minnesota.

This is what I have:

22-5 round boxes of PMC 1200fps, $3.50 a box or all for $75.

3-5 round boxes of Fed LE 1145 fps, $3.50 a box or $10 for all three. These are perfect for pumps.

8-10 round boxes of Herters 1200 fps, $7.00 a box or $65 for all.

These are all 9 pellet rounds.

PM me if you need some of these.

• 2 weeks later...

We will set the match to be somewhere around 300 total Target engagements. We have a cabelas, gander mountain, dicks, and match Gold Sponsor FLEET FARM all within 20 min of range.

Jay

Getting ready to ship ammo or not ship ammo. What are the odds of finding 150 rounds of 1300fps & 150 rounds of 1145fps 1 1/8oz 7 or 8 shot in town? I hate shipping shotgun ammo!

I was just planning on buying a value pack at every walmart between my house and the match... :devil:

Google says there are at least 15 of them between here and there, so that exceeds my 1000 round requirement... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Edited by barrysuperhawk

We will set the match to be somewhere around 300 total Target engagements. We have a cabelas, gander mountain, dicks, and match Gold Sponsor FLEET FARM all within 20 min of range.

Jay

Getting ready to ship ammo or not ship ammo. What are the odds of finding 150 rounds of 1300fps & 150 rounds of 1145fps 1 1/8oz 7 or 8 shot in town? I hate shipping shotgun ammo!

My closest Fleet Farm (which is way outside the metro) has had a steady supply of Winchester AA 7.5 Light Targets and Super Sports @ appx $8.50 a box for a long time now. On my way home from yesterdays Tac shotgun match I also stopped at Cabelas and Gander and both had them, but @$10 a box. I also swung into Walmart which had the AA Heavy Targets and the Super Sports, but were out of the Light Targets. Long story short, if you are coming in Friday and leave yourself some time to look around, I'm sure you can find some, but there are no guarantees that you'll find exactly what you want in one stop.

Jay

My closest Fleet Farm (which is way outside the metro) has had a steady supply of Winchester AA 7.5 Light Targets and Super Sports @ appx $8.50 a box for a long time now. On my way home from yesterdays Tac shotgun match I also stopped at Cabelas and Gander and both had them, but @$10 a box. I also swung into Walmart which had the AA Heavy Targets and the Super Sports, but were out of the Light Targets. Long story short, if you are coming in Friday and leave yourself some time to look around, I'm sure you can find some, but there are no guarantees that you'll find exactly what you want in one stop.

Thanks!

I'll go ahead and ship a case just to be safe.

There is a local retailer, Arnzen Arms, who supports a lot of the goings on of the local action shooting scene and is a sponsor of this event as well. They are willing to special order any ammo you require and deliver to the match for free as the propriator and many of the team shooters will be there anyway.

Contact Kate at sales@arnzenarms.com ASAP or check their inventory at http://www.arnzenarms.com

I had started looking at Fleet Farm's web site and they don't appear to list ammo there that I could find. The Gander in Forest Lake worked out, though; they just called to let me know my ammo is ready to be picked up and I called to make sure they would hold it until I am in town. Not only did they have Win AA for me, they also have the Fiocchi buckshot I use, so now all I have to bring on the plane is slugs.

I am really looking forward to this match! Are stages going to be posted ahead of time?

There is a local retailer, Arnzen Arms, who supports a lot of the goings on of the local action shooting scene and is a sponsor of this event as well. They are willing to special order any ammo you require and deliver to the match for free as the propriator and many of the team shooters will be there anyway.

Contact Kate at sales@arnzenarms.com ASAP or check their inventory at http://www.arnzenarms.com

There you go.....couldn't get any easier than that!

I am really looking forward to this match! Are stages going to be posted ahead of time?

Stages won't be available until Friday before the match, but I can guarantee it's going to be good.

The Gander Mountains, Cabelas, and Fleet Farms would all welcome your business but I have to say Arnzen Arms are good people that will do their best to provide anything you might need. And it saved you the running around when you need to be planning your stages. Trust me, you are going to want to spend a little time walking the stages. When I ask Jomar what the stages will be like, he just grins. Kind of scarry.

The Gander Mountains, Cabelas, and Fleet Farms would all welcome your business but I have to say Arnzen Arms are good people that will do their best to provide anything you might need. And it saved you the running around when you need to be planning your stages. Trust me, you are going to want to spend a little time walking the stages. When I ask Jomar what the stages will be like, he just grins. Kind of scarry.

Brian's got it right - Arnzen Arms' service will impress anyone who should choose to give them a shot.

We’re just a little over a week out from the start of the 5th Annual Nordic Components Tactical Shotgun Championship Match. This year’s match will feature 14 stages that will test your skill, endurance, and strategy. Here are some information to help you prepare for the match.

OPEN SLOTS: We’ve had a few cancellations and offers have been sent to the folks on the top of the waiting list. If you are on the waiting list, please check your email. Due to the time constraints, all offers are only valid for 24 hours before they are passed on to the next person on the waiting list.

SCHEDULE: The match schedule is attached.

· Thursday, June 25th is the set-up date. The range will be closed to everyone outside the match staff. There will be no shooting and no pre-viewing the stages on this day.

· Friday, June 26th is the staff shoot day. The staff will be shooting all 14 stages in a marathon day. The range will remain closed to everyone outside of the match staff until 4PM when the registration check-in opens. All shooters must check-in before they are allowed to pre-view the stages. Please stay clear of any stages where the staff is shooting. Registration check-in will be at the main clubhouse from 4PM to 7PM.

· Saturday, June 27th is Match Day 1. Registration check-in will continue from 7AM and close at 8AM. The opening ceremony and shooters’ meeting will start at 8AM. Shooters will then head to their stages and shooting begins promptly at 9AM. There will be no stage jumping, the squads must stay together. If things progress ahead of time, a squad may be able to shoot ahead of schedule (but in order) if the entire squad is present.

· Sunday, June 28th is Match Day 2. All shooters will need to be at their stages by prior to 8:30AM. Shooting begins promptly at 9AM. The scoring period will begin at 2PM or when the shooting is completed. The awards ceremony will start 1 hour after the shooting is completed.

ROUND COUNT: Total minimum round count is 290 (266 birdshot, 14 slugs, and 10 buck shots). Remember that no steel shots or shots larger than 7½ are allowed. High brass shells are not needed.

STAGES: Stage designs have been finalized but will not be released prior to the match. There will be 10 field stages and 4 quick down and dirty stages. These 4 quick stages will be paired up in two’s and shot back-to-back during a squad rotation. Match booklets will be handed out during registration check-in and will contain stage descriptions. But please remember that stage designs are concepts and changes once they hit the ground. The final and official stage descriptions will be the ones posted at the stages.

SQUADS: This year’s squad assignments are self-squadding through Practiscore. There are 12 squads that will be rotating from one stage to the next with very little down time.

SCORING: Scoring is done through Practiscore, but each shooter will be given an official scoresheet where their score is recorded by the RO’s at each stage. This official scoresheet serves as your records and will be the only acceptable form to dispute any scores recorded in the Practiscore system.

LUNCH: The Forest Lake High School Trap Team will be cooking and serving lunches by the clubhouse on both match days. This is a fundraising event for the team. Please support our future generation of shooters and have lunch at the club.

TRAFFIC: The map to the range is attached. Please follow the directions provided to minimize the residential traffic and dust kicked up on the gravel roads. Please obey the speed limit of 30 M.P.H. as there may be children and pedestrians walking on the roads.

PARKING: There are 3 areas for general parking which will be noted in the range map in the match booklet. All the stages are within walking distance of the parking areas with the farthest distance being about 100 yards. Only match staff members are allowed to park at the stages.

ATV/UTV: Only staff members will be allowed to use an ATV/UTV at the range. If a shooter has a particular need to use an ATV/UTV, please contact us for considerations.

And last but not least…

BEER GARDEN: We will have a beer garden at the main club house on Saturday evening AFTER the 1st day of the match is completed.

Have a safe travel and see you next weekend.

post-20732-0-37395600-1434672185_thumb.p

post-20732-0-63314000-1434672194_thumb.j

Again, after Day 1 of the shoot we will have a free beer garden for choir practice. I'm headed out early next week to pick up all the beer. So, if there is a particular kind you like. GO buy it yourself. Seriously, buy it yourself. No really, stay after and enjoy some social hour.

See you all in a few days.

Jay

Shooters, I've had some questions about a particular topic. Here is what was posted.

"Friday, June 26th is the staff shoot day. The staff will be shooting all 14 stages in a marathon day. The range will remain closed to everyone outside of the match staff until 4PM when the registration check-in opens. All shooters must check-in before they are allowed to pre-view the stages. Please stay clear of any stages where the staff is shooting. Registration check-in will be at the main clubhouse from 4PM to 7PM."

For the consistency and reputation of the match we enacted this registration requirement and closed range policy. Please don't put the RO's in a position to have to ask you to leave the range.

Thanks for your understanding,

Jay