Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Major Cartridge for Limited?

Steve Koski

Larry Leone at the power factor show, (http://www.powerfactorshow.com/) says the USPSA BOD just approved a brand new cartridge that will be legal for major power factor in limited division.

What cartridge is it? Is it a caliber conversion to 9mm? I see conversions discussed here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206051but this isn't a recent approval by the BOD, just a "new" way of interpreting the rules.

What is this new mystery cartridge, BOD approved for Major in Limited?

Thanks,

Koski

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why they did this. If .357 sig is just a .40 case necked down to take a 9mm projectile, what's the difference between this and just allowing 9mm major besides mag capacity?

Edited by kcobean

I don't understand why they did this. If .357 sig is just a .40 case necked down to take a 9mm projectile, what's the difference between this and just allowing 9mm major besides mag capacity?

IPSC did it because Australia (I think) is limited by law to < .40 caliber. Why USPSA? No idea..

I predict there will be some busy RM's at matches this coming season. I try to stay pretty in tune to changes and I don't think I realized this was happening so you know the other 75% of RO's who don't live on Enos day in and day out will be calling the RM TO their stage because a guy is shooting 357 SIG

Gee, now I can dig that BarSto .357 SIG barrel for my Glock 35 out of the package and actually use it. I bought it on close out from Midway a year ago on the off-hand chance I might actually find a use for it. Now, it appears (as of Jan 1) that I finally have. :cheers:

I predict there will be some busy RM's at matches this coming season. I try to stay pretty in tune to changes and I don't think I realized this was happening so you know the other 75% of RO's who don't live on Enos day in and day out will be calling the RM TO their stage because a guy is shooting 357 SIG

Just the ones that do not read the BOD minutes... ;)

Just the ones that do not read the BOD minutes... ;)
In that case make it 95% :)

Why would they? I'm thinking Chronodude is the only who really needs to know....... :P:P

.357 Sig has been a legal caliber in the division for a long time, albeit at minor power factor....