Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New holster adaptation

Bkreutz

Nice.

I knew a Police officer who received a broken back from a car chase and shot PPC.

His wheelchair was equiped with a holster, speedloader rack and his own barricade.

Good luck when you have the surgery and a speedy recovery.

A kydex holster would be faster to re-holster when moving.

I don't plan on using the wheelchair any longer than I have to. :roflol: . Speed was not a big part of this experiment, I was just figuring out a way to shoot during this "temporary condition" . :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from the hospital, the surgery was yesterday, total time door to door 29 hours. Replaced hip ball, hip socket, and a bone graft. Not sure when I'll be able to shoot, so I've got some work ahead of me. :goof:

post-56380-0-42965500-1420315384_thumb.j

post-56380-0-27040600-1420315401_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been 2 weeks and 3 days since surgery, yesterday I went to the range for the first time since the knife. Went OK, tomorrow night is our weekly informal range match, I'm going to give it a go. Not sure how many stages I'll make it, but 1 is better than none.

Just got home from the hospital, the surgery was yesterday, total time door to door 29 hours.

It's incredible how fast they turn these around now compared to just a few years ago. And they are using parts that don't come out of an Erector Set these days too, which helps.

• 2 months later...

Update: Last weekend was my first outdoor match since the surgery, got soaked from the rain but I hobbled through it. Got another match tomorrow, looks like it won't rain. Still not moving very fast but it won't get any better until I use it.

Update: Last weekend was my first outdoor match since the surgery, got soaked from the rain but I hobbled through it. Got another match tomorrow, looks like it won't rain. Still not moving very fast but it won't get any better until I use it.

That's fantastic! I had to have back surgery almost four years ago, and two weeks after I was doing laps/walks in the mall to build strength (5 months later I was back on my bicycle racing). You are back on the path to recovery, enjoy your mobility again.