Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Poly or Alum, your choice?

ViperSnipe

I've never seen a reason to get the aluminum body (just adds weight and expense), I own both click and standard plastic bodies, at first I wanted the click because I was afraid of the rheostat moving while shooting, but now that I have some standard switches too that hasn't proven to be a problem, so I prefer the standard: it's the cheapest and smoothest to operate :)

I've never seen a reason to get the aluminum body (just adds weight and expense), I own both click and standard plastic bodies, at first I wanted the click because I was afraid of the rheostat moving while shooting, but now that I have some standard switches too that hasn't proven to be a problem, so I prefer the standard: it's the cheapest and smoothest to operate :)

I have been wondering about that. I am always afraid the click switch is going to break off in my hand someday. I think I will put a standard switch on my new gun.

Thanks!

Hello: I have seen the click switches break. I have also seen the aluminum C-More break at the hinge point. I have seen the plastic ones with broken elevation screws and stripped locking screws. I don't like the extra weight of the aluminum since it is up high, right where I don't want it. The plastic standard switch model is what I like best and is the cheapest. Get a 8 or 12MOA dot. Thanks, Eric

I went with the alum. My research on various forums and talking to shooters was the alum held a zero better than the plastic. three

As long as the plastic housing near the adjusting screws does not crack, it will hold zero as good as the aluminum C-More. Unfortunately it not a matter "if" the housing will crack, but a case of "when" it will crack.

I have three of my five C-Mores with plastic housings are cracked. All care was taken to avoid these cracks but they still appeared. I agree that the aluminum housings are heavier, but its not so much that you will have a hard time adjusting.

Centerfire Systems is still trying to get rid of their remaining C-More stock and has it nicely discounted.

Bill

I went with the alum. My research on various forums and talking to shooters was the alum held a zero better than the plastic. three

As long as the plastic housing near the adjusting screws does not crack, it will hold zero as good as the aluminum C-More. Unfortunately it not a matter "if" the housing will crack, but a case of "when" it will crack.

I have three of my five C-Mores with plastic housings are cracked. All care was taken to avoid these cracks but they still appeared. I agree that the aluminum housings are heavier, but its not so much that you will have a hard time adjusting.

Centerfire Systems is still trying to get rid of their remaining C-More stock and has it nicely discounted.

Bill

Bill

Thanks for the heads up!

After several broken plastic slide rides, my guns all wear aluminum, now. For whatever reason, the aluminum's seem to hold zero much better as well.
On guns with heavy steel grips, I think the extra 2 oz is a non-issue. I can't tell a bit of difference.
I have both click and standard switches. Make no difference to me. The click is harder to turn on and off when you have sweaty fingers in the SC summer.

I prefer the click for the simple reason that when I shoot indoors, I can set it without thinking or looking, by just making four clicks. No big deal, but a bit more convenient.

Outdoors, on a sunny day, I just crank it up all the way, anyway.

I think the level of problems with the plastic cases is so low, it does not, in my mind, justify the switch to aluminum. After many sights, and many years, I have one that cracked, and I understand C-More can fix it for pretty low cost.