Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Area II Desert Classic, Mesa, Az

yep, i'm in. not wait listed. but i've yet to receive my email confirming i'm OK like the registration said we'd get.

cleardot.gif

Thank you for registering for the 2015 Rio Salado Desert Classic Area 2 Championship Match.

Please save this email as the link below is your registration page where you can edit your registration details, pay and squad yourself.

and

Approval Info

We have not approved you to shoot yet. You will receive an email when you have been approved.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First week of spring training, snow birds staying south for the winter, cold climate people taking vacations where it's warm etc.

Protip: Call the hotel and talk to the GM. That person will get you a better rate than any online site or desk person.

I'd like to know if the match hotel (usually Country Suites?) is going to have a decent rate. As of now they are pushing $160+ a nite.

Al

The website has hotel info on it, giving a special rate of $99 a night at the closest hotel. I called, and the actual rate is $139...still better than anything else around. Made reservations right there.

I haven't got an email, but my match management page says "Thank you for your payment. You may squad below." I assume that means I'm approved.

The website has hotel info on it, giving a special rate of $99 a night at the closest hotel. I called, and the actual rate is $139...still better than anything else around. Made reservations right there.

I haven't got an email, but my match management page says "Thank you for your payment. You may squad below." I assume that means I'm approved.

I am pretty sure you are in. The email said the following:

"Thank-you for registering for the 2015 Rio Salado Desert Classic - Area 2 USPSA Championship Match. Your payment for the match has been received and this email confirms you are in the match."

and it includes a link to your match management page. My MMP says the same as yours...

See ya there!

Just got this email:

Thank-you for registering for the 2015 Rio Salado Desert Classic - Area 2 USPSA Championship Match. Your payment for the match has been received and this email confirms you are in the match.

Then has a link to pay...thought that was weird as they've already taken my money. Oh well. See us in March!

From the RIO Facebook page:

Ok for those of you who are in; self squadding will be in February
on the USPSA WEBSITE.
(now to sort out that password issue :rolleyes: )
And from the Rio website:
Squadding

Squadding will take place in February

We will be using the USPSA’s self squadding feature.

Staff shoot on the 4th and 5th, all other competitors will shoot on Friday 6th through Sunday the 8th.

Edited by ChuckS

OK here is a fire storm with all the talk about what Area 1 does compared to Area 2. Lets give California to Area 1 and take Utah to area 2 that way Area 2 would have two of the best 3 or 4 venues in the country. Not sure what I opened up here, but food for thought. Probably a different thread should apply.

Pedro

OK here is a fire storm with all the talk about what Area 1 does compared to Area 2. Lets give California to Area 1 and take Utah to area 2 that way Area 2 would have two of the best 3 or 4 venues in the country. Not sure what I opened up here, but food for thought. Probably a different thread should apply.

Pedro

I don't think we really want Kali in area 1