Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You ran dry!

OscarMike

I like to curse a bit and then stare at the gun in wonder. I never seem to get past this point. Is there something I should do after the cursing?

Yes, you need to look at the gun one more time, before reloading.....look - curse - look - reload. This works for me.

I must ask this one question on your technique, the "look-curse-look", will an open mouthed stare-curse-bewildered head shake with eye roll, followed by closing the bolt on your thumb be too many steps? Or should I try to do away with the eye roll. It won't be easy, but I've got all winter to dry practice.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Wait, the Magpul video's said that I have to have the RO yell at me while I look bewildered first (1:40 or so) , you guys are now telling me I have to do the reloading AND the cursing/yelling all by myself. This crap is hard.

Edited by Vlad

Count Better? Is he related to Count Chocula?

Evidently my sarcasm was limited by posting from my phone....

I intended to imply that perhaps it would be more productive to focus on ways to avoid needing to load a shotgun with an empty chamber on the clock rather than finding the optimum way to make said load. :cheers:

Not that I've ever shot a stage and run the shotgun dry.....

With weak hand (left) I grab 2 off the belt, drop 1 into the chamber, release the bolt, and shove the other into the tube. It works really well and gives you that 2nd shot if needed.

If there's nothing on the belt, I've got a Match Saver that works well.

I've got a Match Saver that works well.

Yep, mine does too, I rip the whole thing off the gun and feed the entire thing, shell and holder included, into the loading port.

Then we are back to the cursing plan.

Now see, Fishsticks? You went and got this whole thing all serious and such. Your point was well made, but with ALL the different ways of loading these days the O.P.s question was going to get swamped. I thought I would bring a bit of levity to the whole thing. Yours was a tough one to change around to something funny...but I had to try. The count was all I had...sorry

Greendragon64, I spent 5 minutes cleaning up the beer I sprayed all over.....gotta watch your post while drinking! :)

The serious answer is to do what ever you have PRACTICED a lot for lock back, because......I know....I know.....they are all about the same. And now that the fun is gone let the bickering begin!

Wait, the Magpul video's said that I have to have the RO yell at me while I look bewildered first (1:40 or so) , you guys are now telling me I have to do the reloading AND the cursing/yelling all by myself. This crap is hard.

Vlad, I think if you mount a T-1 to your shotgun it will solve all your problems:).