Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gaston Glock knife

gmg

I recently won one of these knives have no idea what to do with it. It retails for $1400 and the blade is made from the turret of a German leopard tank. It g as a seral # of 1 of 6. Are there any knife gurus out there?

I think it is made from the barrel of a Leopard tank - retails for 1390.00

• Historic steel recycled from the barrel of a Leopard battle tank.

http://www.gastonglockstyle.com/knives/exclusive-knife-made-from-leopard-tank-barrel-steel.html

You would have to like Gaston more than I do to pay that but it looks well made and can be cleaned in a dishwasher.

Thanks guys. I can't imagine anyone spending this amount of money for a knife, even if it is only a collectable. The steel would be too soft to do anything beyond cleaning your finger nails with. I'll get a pic posted as soon as i can.

MADE in GERMANY

• Finest 320-layer Damascus steel from the barrel of a GermanLeopard tank
  • This non-stainless steel is not available for sale and has no material number. It is extremely wear-resistant and is combined with a chromium, manganese and vanadium alloy tool steel with a high concentration of carbon content during the forging process.
  • Having a large choil, the blade is well-suited for hunters to perform a variety of cutting work
  • The full tang has full thickness across the width of the blade, which gives this knife extraordinary stability.
  • The balanced handle has an excellent grip, even in the cold or when wearing gloves.
  • The bolsters are made of stainless steel and the handle itself is made of stabilized maple burl wood in green.
  • Under extreme pressure, the material is drenched in synthetic resin and hardened to stabilize the wood. By sealing off the pores and cell spaces, the synthetic resin reduces the swelling and shrinking of the wood.
  • The sheath is made of traditionally crafted saddle leather. Solely vegetable tanning materials are used during the tanning process. The leather is retanned in drums over a period of 6 to 8 weeks.
  • Information:
    • Total length – 8.85 inches (225 mm)
    • Blade width – 3.9 inches (100 mm)
    • Blade strength – 0.15 inches (3.8 mm)
    • Pattern: herringbone

• Historic steel recycled from the barrel of a Leopard battle tank.
  • High performance LEO-damast® 320-layer Damascus steel forged by Markus Balbach, Germany.
  • Elegant wild boar knife with exceptional stability.
  • Damascus steel with an incredibly high degree of hardness between 63°-65° HRC and high toughness.
  • Handle made from maple root and sheath from ECO saddle leather.
  • Each knife is unique with its own serial number.
  • Color:
    • wooden handle: green
    • leather sheath: brown

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently won one of these knives have no idea what to do with it. It retails for $1400 and the blade is made from the turret of a German leopard tank. It g as a seral # of 1 of 6. Are there any knife gurus out there?

At first I thought you were yanking my chain :surprise:

Won like a raffle or like a prize table? I'm a big sap for prize table winnings but anything else I'd turn that into bullets and IMR 8208 quick, fast, and in a hurry. But that's just me.

I'd sell it spend half the money on the 1911 knives (made with a real 1911 grip frame and will hold their "survival" magazine or a backup mag for your gun) and use the rest to shoot. Maybe if I were german I'd want the german tank barrel knife.

Red

• 2 months later...