Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movies So Bad, They're Fun

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My #1 is Quest for Fire. #2 would be that movie where the Coke bottle dropped from an airplane changes the life of an entire african tribe. Can't remember the name.

Remo Williams was a fun movie. Same goes for Tremors. Both are stupid but fun.

Ditto everything said about Segal. I'm guessing he works cheap now or he wouldn't have gotten that terrible commercial. He needs to use the Adam Sandler formula "stick with the crap that works".

Movies too stupid for me to handle would be anything with Chuck Norris or Bronson's Deathwish crapola.

My #1 is Quest for Fire.  #2 would be that movie where the Coke bottle dropped from an airplane changes the life of an entire african tribe.  Can't remember the name.

The gods must be crazy I think I had to watch this in middle school as some sort of torture/cultural diversity test before that term was actually invented. :o There's acutally a sequel to this movie...

Steven Segal movies went bad the first time they asked him to run :lol:

Band of the Hand

Warriors

Blue Steel

Purple Rain was on yesterday - any 80's movie might fit.

Natural Born Killers

That movie with Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase - no, the other one <_< ...where Dan Akroyd is the judge and Demi Moore is in it, the band that sings The Humpy Dance ...wow, I wasted a lot of dry fire time as a kid... :blink:

Two that I watch every time I see them...they suck so bad but I can't turn it.

Modern Problems

Spies Like Us

The Quick and the Dead

Yeah, it had Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman, but gawd was it a bad movie.

I was referred to this movie by a co-worker that swore it was as good as the spaghetti westerns like The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly - Fist Full of Dollars etc.

I came back to work the next week and told him I would have to kill him since he had no concept of good taste. <_< I was so bad I kept watching it to see if it would get worse...it did.

Ah....... the Deathwish series......... I really liked Charles Bronson, too bad he died. :(

Some memorable lines from Deathwish 4:

CB walks into a garage while 2 thugs are attempting to rape a woman.

Thug: *Notices CB* Who are you?

CB: Death. *shoots thug*

CB just killed a whole lot of mob members, drug dealers and the like in revenge of his girlfriend's daughter death. The leader is still alive in the ground. CB walks up to him.

Mob Leader: Why are you doing this!!!??

CB: *pulls a picture of the girl OUT OF NOWHERE and shows it to the bad guy*

Mob Leader: But..... I don't even know her!!!!!

CB: I do. *shoots bad guy*

Sniper 2 and Sniper 3. Oh, Tom Berenger, what have you done... :(

Sniper 2 was awfull .. specially when he admires his "Mauser" which is a Mosin. Sniper 3 was not as bad, except for those hundred yard hangun head shots while in a roll dive. Who the hell scripted that? The rest was no where near as absurd.

Vlad

There are actually a number of sequals to The Gods Must Be Crazy. I beleive the third one Crazy Safari is truely unique. It combines the original movie with Chinese hopping vampires and Taoist priests! A hopping vampire falls out of the sky and you can guess the rest. Did I mention Lam Ching-Ying is the Taoist priest (reason alone to watch it) and he gets to ride an ostrich?

I am actually a huge fan of Hong Kong movies. I own a fair number of them and they never cease to make me smile. I wouldn't put them all in the "so bad, they're fun" catagory as I think some are very good.

Jason

redmist10 said,

The gods must be crazy I think I had to watch this in middle school as some sort of torture/cultural diversity test before that term was actually invented. There's acutally a sequel to this movie...

Redmist10,

Your friend might have been refering to The Quick And The Dead with Sam Elliott (based on a Lamour novel) rather than The Quick and The Dead with Sharon Stone.

But you have to admire the punch line ... "You're not good enough to beat me!" .... "I am today!"

Sniper 2 was awfull .. specially when he admires his "Mauser" which is a Mosin. Sniper 3 was not as bad, except for those hundred yard hangun head shots while in a roll dive. Who the hell scripted that? The rest was no where near as absurd.

Vlad

There are some spoilers of Sniper 3 in this post, but don't worry, I doubt it is possible to "ruin" this movie.

Oh, I think Sniper 3 was worse than 2 (which was awful too). I mean... The vietnamese dude running around with 2 pistols, the final stupid standoff, the way TB "kills" the bad guy. The fact that after TB kills him, the entire mob following the bad guy now adores him... For God's sake it was hideous!

One of my favorite lines from one of the worst movies -

"Don't eat the big white men" Roadhouse

Night of the Comet - isn't that the one that turned everyone to red dust...man, I could be in B-Class by now if I hadn't watched all those sucky movies <_<

:lol::lol: Now I have to watch the other The Quick and the Dead it better not suck! :angry:

Oh .. and for pure cheese made with milk from happy cows .. "Night of the Comet"

I actually saw that movie in the theaters. And had a fairly happy time of it. This is possibly the ultimate example of the hotly contested two-sexy-sisters-daughters-of-spec-ops-troopie-both-armed-with-MACs-surviving-in-a-post-apocalyptic-world-while-fighting-flesh-eating-zombies movie subgenre.

Favorite line: The younger girl, after the MAC big sis gave her jams, looks at her sister in disgust and says, "Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Sniper 2 was awfull .. specially when he admires his "Mauser" which is a Mosin.  Sniper 3 was not as bad, except for those hundred yard hangun head shots while in a roll dive. Who the hell scripted that? The rest was no where near as absurd.

Vlad

There are some spoilers of Sniper 3 in this post, but don't worry, I doubt it is possible to "ruin" this movie.

Oh, I think Sniper 3 was worse than 2 (which was awful too). I mean... The vietnamese dude running around with 2 pistols, the final stupid standoff, the way TB "kills" the bad guy. The fact that after TB kills him, the entire mob following the bad guy now adores him... For God's sake it was hideous!

Note I only said "not as bad" as opposed to "not bad". They were both terrible, we just have the order reveresed. I can live with that. :D