Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movies So Bad, They're Fun

Try these ...

Who knew that in the year 2000 American women would be wearing much less than the box cover depicts...and that is just in the grocery store!

....as my good buddy Jack Burton always used to say.....

What about Judge Dread with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre overtones?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Big Trouble in Little China that movie with Kurt Russell?

That was and is one of my favorite movies, those elemental gods were so cool. Oh, and Lo Pan too.

Great movie! :D

Another movie I liked (although in an entirely different subject) is one called "Shriekers", or "Screamers" or something like that; it is starred by Peter Weller (Robocop) and Roy Dupuis (Michael from the La Femme Nikita series) and is about some killer robots on some planet whose features are shrieking or screaming when attacking, and adapting to "hunt" better. Of course the movie is about Weller and a handful of human survivors trying to escape the planet.

Am I the only person who saw this movie? None of my friends recall it.

Also when I was a child, I was a sucker for B movies without technically knowing what a B movie was. My entire childhood was Michael Dudikoff and Lorenzo Lamas films, mixed with some "who the hell are this actors films" such as Apex, Nemesis and the like... 90% of them were about cyborgs from the future or some stuff like that... I mean seriously...

Oh God... I'm 20 years old and memories are already so moving and powerful... I feel like I'm talking about some other life when this only happened less than 15 years ago...

Oh God... I'm 20 years old and memories are already so moving and powerful... I feel like I'm talking about some other life when this only happened less than 15 years ago...

It only gets worse :lol: and it happens faster as time goes on :lol:

How about Gene Simmons and Tom Selleck in Runaway? Might have been good in the days before Glocks but now?

That movie with Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase - no, the other one  ...where Dan Akroyd is the judge and Demi Moore is in it, the band that sings The Humpy Dance ...wow, I wasted a lot of dry fire time as a kid... 

Could this be "Nothing but Trouble"? The one's with the mutant babies on steroids eating cereal in the junk yard?

I agree with Spook, Steven Seagal runs like a clown. And the wardrobe!!!???

You guys are reminding me of some I haven't seen in a long time. Back in my bachelor days I was not a happy sleeper, so I'd stay up late watching bad movies on cable. "Avocado" was a fave, along with Night of the Comet. Judge Dredd was the new standard for the '90s, with Sly chewing the scenery almost as much as he was his lines.

Screamers is from Philip K. Dick (the only SF author more mis-used then Heinlein), a short story called "Second Variety."

Now I sleep much better thank you, and my movie viewing has improved greatly. But sometimes I miss the old ones.

QUOTE (Ronnie j @ Jan 27 2005, 03:20 AM)

Dawn to dusk 

Actually I think it's Dusk to Dawn, but I love that flik!!!

Salma Hayek as a stripper VAmpire

Guns, huge Vampire Fight...

And a SRV / Jimmie Vaughan soundtrak. Gotta love that!!!!

This has got to be the most laughable movie I've seen in a while. Cheech Marin has 3 (!) roles in this one! So many big names, or soon to be big names since it was made in '96. I guess they didn't read the script.

Did Quentin Tarantino direct this one in his pre-acid days?

Escape from L.A. was a gawdawful movie with a few good lines and scenes. One of which was:

The armed bad guys surround Snake and he says, "What d'ya say we play a little Bangkok Rules? No one draws until this hits the ground. Y'ready?" He tosses the can in the air and while the bad guys watch it, he draws his gun and mows them down. Then he says, "Draw."

I saw John Carpenter interviewed on TV once and apparently they purposely made "Escape From LA" as cheesy and campy as possible. He was especially proud of the surfing scenes, which looked pretty much like every 1960s beach movie made! Gidget meets Snake Pliskin!

Another movie I liked (although in an entirely different subject) is one called "Shriekers", or "Screamers" or something like that; it is starred by Peter Weller (Robocop) and Roy Dupuis (Michael from the La Femme Nikita series) and is about some killer robots on some planet whose features are shrieking or screaming when attacking, and adapting to "hunt" better. Of course the movie is about Weller and a handful of human survivors trying to escape the planet.

I've seen it.

I've seen it.

It's called "Screamers," and I loved it. :D

QUOTE (Ronnie j @ Jan 27 2005, 03:20 AM)

Dawn to dusk 

Actually I think it's Dusk to Dawn, but I love that flik!!!

Salma Hayek as a stripper VAmpire

Guns, huge Vampire Fight...

And a SRV / Jimmie Vaughan soundtrak. Gotta love that!!!!

This has got to be the most laughable movie I've seen in a while. Cheech Marin has 3 (!) roles in this one! So many big names, or soon to be big names since it was made in '96. I guess they didn't read the script.

Did Quentin Tarantino direct this one in his pre-acid days?

AMEN! Gotta love it! ;)

I almost forgot one: "The Perils of Gwendoline" which was apparently taken from a French comic book. The heroine goes in search of her father, a noted lepidopterist. (Look it up.) Actually, the "story" is simply a device to get Tawny Kitaen in front of the camera in various stages of undress.

Think of "Indiana Jones and the Las Vegas Revue" and you'd be on the right track. The story, action, plot and situations are ludicrous enough it would be worth watching even if they kept their shirts on.

The heroine goes in search of her father, a noted lepidopterist. (Look it up.)

One who studies the order lepidoptera, or butterflies and moths. And here is one of my personal favorites,

ecb.jpg

and another...

3936.106bcwormadult.jpg

Didn't need to (look it up). I have half a degree in it (entomology).

Pre. Reaching back into the memory archives, rather nice, champagne-glass (not flutes) shape. In my personal opinion, every plastic surgeon who ever installed implants without actual reconstructive need should be required to work a summer with a shovel on a construction gang as penance. Let them do real work to understand the folly of their ways. But I digress.

There was one really, really bad SF movie, which I cannot recall the title of. The exploration crew has trouble, and sends for an expert. One guy gets off the supply vessel, with the biggest gun in the world over his shoulder. "Where's your problem?" "Where's the team we were supposed to get?" "You got one problem, you get one expert. I'm here to shoot it and get back on the ship." It rapidly goes downhill from there.